Waters of the United States Rule-Making
By U.S. ArmyJune 29, 2018
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of the Army (Army) are implementing Executive Order 13778, Restoring the Rule of Law, Federalism, and Economic Growth by Reviewing the "Waters of the United States" Rule, in two steps to provide certainty to the regulated community and the public while the agencies develop a revised definition of "waters of the United States."
1. Step One - Repeal - The agencies are proposing to establish the legal status quo in the Code of Federal Regulations, by repealing the 2015 Rule and recodifying the regulation that was in place prior to issuance of the 2015 Rule and that is being implemented now.
2. Step Two - Revise - The agencies plan to propose a new definition that would replace the approach in the 2015 Rule and the pre-2015 regulations, taking into consideration the principles that Justice Scalia outlined in the Rapanos plurality opinion.
Both proposed steps of this rulemaking process will follow the Administrative Procedure Act.
- September 12, 2019EPA and Army sign final rule to repeal the 2015 Clean Water Rule
- September 12, 2019'Small Steps Save Lives' campaign increases suicide awareness, prevention
- September 12, 2019178th walks into training - Incremental relationships with incremental warrior skills at Rising Thun
- September 12, 2019Fort Lee's FMX saves time and money in five easy steps
- September 12, 2019Do you stay within safe boundaries?
- September 12, 2019With two-day SHARP Forum, Fort Benning eyes next steps in curbing sexual assault
- September 12, 2019Secretary of the Army Awards for Energy and Water Management Presented
- September 12, 2019Va. Guard to mobilize for Hurricane Dorian response
- September 12, 2019Army Reserve cyber commander shares next step elements to shape Soldier success
- September 12, 2019First responders dive deep during rescue training ahead of hurricanes
- September 12, 2019Military health care consolidation moves to next phase
- September 12, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team uses step approach to training
- September 12, 2019Stepping out of the PICU
- September 12, 2019Pennsylvania, Tennessee Soldiers do water training in Poland