Waters of the United States Rule-Making
By U.S. ArmyJune 29, 2018
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Department of the Army (Army) are implementing Executive Order 13778, Restoring the Rule of Law, Federalism, and Economic Growth by Reviewing the "Waters of the United States" Rule, in two steps to provide certainty to the regulated community and the public while the agencies develop a revised definition of "waters of the United States."
1. Step One - Repeal - The agencies are proposing to establish the legal status quo in the Code of Federal Regulations, by repealing the 2015 Rule and recodifying the regulation that was in place prior to issuance of the 2015 Rule and that is being implemented now.
2. Step Two - Revise - The agencies plan to propose a new definition that would replace the approach in the 2015 Rule and the pre-2015 regulations, taking into consideration the principles that Justice Scalia outlined in the Rapanos plurality opinion.
Both proposed steps of this rulemaking process will follow the Administrative Procedure Act.
- November 8, 2019U.S. Army Audit Agency Vacancy Announcement
- November 8, 2019Texas Guard Counterdrug supports Red Ribbon events
- November 6, 2019Pa. Guard cyber branch supports 2019 election
- November 5, 2019Security assistance employee of the quarter
- November 5, 2019Swope Park Industrial Area flood-risk reduction groundbreaking
- November 1, 2019Fort Knox reestablishes program to reduce deer numbers in cantonment area
- November 1, 2019Belvoir earns water conservation award
- October 31, 20192nd Lt. Barton Sets His Sights on Lancer Brigade's Expert Soldier Badge
- October 31, 2019Holston AAP Modernizes Water Treatment to Protect the Environment
- October 30, 2019MDA officer first to take record ACFT at Redstone Arsenal
- October 30, 2019Planning, partnerships key to emergency response exercise
- October 28, 2019Why the CEMA conference brings together cyber, EW and SIGINT, on 'CCDC in the Lab' podcast
- October 25, 2019Volunteers revive Re-Use Center
- October 24, 2019A bug's life: Protecting the American Burying Beetle
- October 24, 2019Agencies come together in search efforts for missing cadet
- October 23, 2019Public Health Command-Pacific team instrumental to Army water infrastructure improvements