A first for 10AAMDC and Polish Armed Forces during Saber Strike '18
By Capt. Robert DurrJune 18, 2018
Drawsko Pomorskie, Poland - Saber Strike '18 provided the 10th Army Air and Missile Defense Command the opportunity to enhance readiness by establishing a joint air and missile defense operating picture with their Polish Allies.
Chief Warrant Officer 3 Charles Garner, the 10th Army Air and Missile Defense Command Standardization Officer, said this was a first for both the U.S. and Polish Forces.
"The Polish expressed to us that this was the first time establishing a joint common operating picture within their organization or any organization that they know of in their command," Garner said.
Working with the Polish, Garner and his team configured a joint Link 11 Bravo data link, which established a common operating picture with the U.S. Army Air Defense Systems Integrator, the patriot Information Coordination Central and the patriot fire units, the Polish Surface to Air 3 missile system and Surface to Air Missile Operations Center.
Building a common operating picture with our Polish Allies proved to be mutually beneficial Garner said.
"It enhances interoperability in a cooperative, multi-national air and missile defense architecture," Garner said. "Some of the benefits that we gained were joint interoperability between two different weapons platforms fighting against the same type of threats in a joint multi-layered battlespace."
Garner said working the Polish forces during Saber Strike '18 was a good experience and exemplifies the U.S. Army's commitment to our Allies. "In the end we made it happen together," Garner said.
- March 25, 2020Field and Air Defense Artilleries Are Not the Same
- March 25, 2020AMCOM urges cyber-vigilance for teleworkers
- March 20, 2020Department of Defense tests hypersonic glide body
- March 20, 2020LRMC NCO lauded as best in Air Force
- March 12, 2020Trinity Site Open House Cancelled
- March 12, 2020Fort Knox leaders conduct Facebook Live town hall to inform community about coronavirus
- March 11, 202010th Mountain Division partners with New York Air National Guard and Air Force for Joint Air-Ground
- March 11, 2020AMCOM town hall focuses on people
- March 11, 2020Missiles 101 informs most deployed formation
- March 11, 2020AMCOM Logistics Center executive director selected as AMCOM deputy
- March 9, 2020Top SMDC officer uses drone-zapping lasers, says missile defense remains top focus
- March 8, 2020U.S., Polish soldiers participate in 75th liberation ceremony of Drawsko
- March 6, 2020AMCOM hosts Team Redstone briefings to industry
- March 4, 2020CCDC Aviation, Missile Center amplifies partnership for tomorrow's workforce
- March 4, 2020SMDC senior leader discusses integration in space and missile defense
- March 4, 2020Keeping an open mind, exploring options can lead women to the right career