906th Contracting Battalion welcomes new leader
By Army Contracting Command Public AffairsJune 15, 2018
YONGSAN GARRISON, South Korea -- The 906th Contracting Battalion has a new commander.Lt. Col. Justin L. DeArmond assumed command June 13 during a ceremony at the Yongsan South Post Chapel here. He succeeds Lt. Col. Frances K. Walker. Col. Rob Mathews, commander of the 411th Contracting Support Brigade, officiated the ceremony. The 906th is a subordinate unit of the 411th CSB.Walker said commanding the 906th Contracting Battalion was "the most important and fulfilling job" she has had."It is difficult for a commander to turn the reigns over to another person," said Walker. "However I believe I am turning the unit to the right person who has the right talents to lead the unit to new heights."DeArmond's last assignment was as the 409th Contracting Support Brigade S3, Sembach Kaserne, Germany. He served in acquisition assignments throughout his career, serving in units in Alaska, Germany, Uganda and Italy."I am deeply humbled and honored to take on this responsibility. I am ready to selflessly serve you to enable your success both as individuals and as a team," said DeArmond. "I look forward to empowering a great team to continue to provide outstanding contracting support to the Warfighter, until the job is done -- Vigilant 6 signing in!"The change of command ceremony involves passing a unit's flag from the former commander to the new commander, as unit members watch their new leader take command. The ceremony dates back to the early days of the U.S. military.The 906th Contracting Battalion executes contracting support across the full spectrum of military operations. It enables maximum flexibility to the joint warfighting customer in Korea and during expeditionary operations throughout the Pacific theater.Editor's note: Maj. Edgar A. Yu, 906th Contracting Battalion, contributed to this article.
- June 3, 2020Army HRC welcomes new deputy commanding general, says goodbye to another
- June 2, 2020919th CBN Soldiers forge successes during Afghanistan deployment
- May 29, 2020U.S. Army Garrison-Fort Campbell welcomes new command sergeant major
- May 29, 2020Public Health Activity - Rheinland Pfalz hosts virtual change of command ceremony
- May 28, 2020434th Field Artillery Brigade welcomes new commander
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020419th CSB cases colors for deployment
- May 27, 2020904th CBN conducts virtual validation exercise
- May 26, 2020925th CBN assumes regional contracting center command
- May 21, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- May 18, 2020Benning, Lee partnership provides Soldier readiness support
- May 14, 2020Army Contracting Command names Fort Riley Solider best warrior
- May 12, 2020Contract approach to Fort Meade base operations boosts competition