By Rhonda Serna, USAG Benelux Family and MWRJune 8, 2018
BRUSSELS -- The Brussels Fitness Center officially opened 24/7 access May 31 during a kick-off celebration. Patrons are now allowed to work out at the fitness center at any time of the day or night.
Registration is required prior to being able to access the facility after hours of operation. Interested patrons must stop by the fitness center and bring their common access card, or CAC. Patrons will need to fill out a Release of Liability form. The gym staff will activate their CAC using the card reader located at the front entrance to the gym. Upon registration customers will receive a briefing
of the following points:
• Location of first aid kits and AED machines
• Location of the light switches
• Importance of the "Buddy" system
• What areas of the gym will be restricted
• Location of security cameras that are linked to the Military Police desk
• Emergency phone
• Securing doors when you come in and leave
• Safety precautions if working out alone
Patrons can register during normal operation hours Monday to Friday from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. or Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, contact the Brussels Fitness Center at DSN 368-9667 or +32(0)2-717-9667.