A day to remember the fallen
By Capt. Jennie Armstrong (593rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command)May 28, 2018
Brig. Gen. James S. Moore, Commander of the 593rd Expeditionary Sustainment Command, gives the keynote speech Monday during the 11th Annual Day of Remembrance Memorial Service, presented by the Tacoma Historical Society and Edward B. Rhodes/Parkland Post 2 American Legion at War Memorial Park in Tacoma, Wash.
"We remember the 1.2 million American service members who gave their all as the price of freedom since the Revolutionary War," Moore said. "The cost of war is ultimately not counted in terms of lives lost, but in the hearts of millions more: wives, husbands, sons and daughters, mothers and fathers who bear the burden of going on without them.
- December 9, 2019Grinch-tastic Open House sleighing into Barr Memorial Library Dec. 17
- December 6, 2019Former Army Nurse Corps Officer remembered for his service
- December 4, 2019Royal Thai Army, Guard share domestic response exchange
- December 2, 2019Greywolf intel officer awarded for strengthening the ROK/US alliance
- November 29, 20199th JROTC Battalion remembers the "Great War" during Flanders, Belgium visit
- November 27, 2019Remembering sacrifices during the holiday season
- November 27, 2019Annual road march honors fallen AMEDD Soldiers
- November 25, 2019Remembering the past, looking to the future
- November 25, 2019Barr library announces new challenge for Star Wars fans in time for saga finale
- November 25, 2019Fort Sill run honors fallen service members, Gold Star families
- November 21, 2019USASOC Memorial Plaza
- November 20, 2019California Guard, Reserve come together for Yellow Ribbon event
- November 18, 2019U.S. Army representatives commemorate the fallen at Volkstrauertag in Ansbach
- November 18, 2019Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base Remembrance Day Ceremony
- November 14, 2019Hooper: Veteran the title 'I'll Cherish the Most'