Remembering and Honoring Our Heroes Ceremony
By K. Houston WatersMay 25, 2018
Natick, Mass. -- Brig. Gen. Vincent Malone II, senior commander, Natick Soldier Systems Center, participated in the Ninth Annual Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes May 24.
The event, held in Boston for the ninth consecutive year, recognized fallen Servicemembers from Operation Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, and Noble Eagle.
Held prior to each Memorial Day, Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes features Gold Star families and military personnel reading the names of the fallen. Nearly 300 names were read.
Malone had the honor of reading 10 names, one of which was Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene. Greene was killed in Afghanistan in 2014. Greene held the same position Malone holds now.
Command Sgt. Maj. Michael Pintagro, the USAG Natick Command Sgt. Maj., also read the names of 10 fallen Servicemembers.
More than 37,000 flags were placed in Boston Common, adjacent to The Soldiers and Sailors Monument.
Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker and Boston mayor Martin Walsh also spoke at the event.
- October 15, 2018DeVore honored for service in Afghanistan
- October 15, 2018Lindholm honored for service in Afghanistan
- October 15, 2018Jeffrey Friese honored for service in Afghanistan
- October 15, 2018NSSC to honor life of USARIEM Soldier
- October 12, 2018Remembering the liberation of Petite-Chapelle 100 years ago
- October 5, 2018Remembering a golden legacy: The Battle of Mogadishu 25 years later
- October 1, 2018Technical Interchange Meeting held on Redstone Arsenal
- October 1, 2018Madigan remembers fallen Soldier 5 years later
- September 28, 2018Retiree Appreciation Day to be held Oct. 3
- September 21, 2018Ribbon cutting held at Fort Riley for playground equipment
- September 21, 2018Honoring sacrifice: Fort Rucker honors POWS, MIAs during ceremony
- September 14, 2018Benelux community runs to remember and honor 9/11 victims and their families