Remembering and Honoring Our Heroes Ceremony
By K. Houston WatersMay 25, 2018
Natick, Mass. -- Brig. Gen. Vincent Malone II, senior commander, Natick Soldier Systems Center, participated in the Ninth Annual Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes May 24.
The event, held in Boston for the ninth consecutive year, recognized fallen Servicemembers from Operation Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, and Noble Eagle.
Held prior to each Memorial Day, Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes features Gold Star families and military personnel reading the names of the fallen. Nearly 300 names were read.
Malone had the honor of reading 10 names, one of which was Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene. Greene was killed in Afghanistan in 2014. Greene held the same position Malone holds now.
Command Sgt. Maj. Michael Pintagro, the USAG Natick Command Sgt. Maj., also read the names of 10 fallen Servicemembers.
More than 37,000 flags were placed in Boston Common, adjacent to The Soldiers and Sailors Monument.
Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker and Boston mayor Martin Walsh also spoke at the event.
- June 16, 2018Premier teaching hospital in the Pacific honors their 2018 "grads"
- June 14, 2018Honor, integrity on and off the trail
- June 14, 2018Reaffirming, Remembering, Rededicating, and Renewing Why We Serve
- June 13, 2018Ceremony honors 233 graduating residents, fellows
- June 13, 2018U.S. Park Police honor the fallen
- June 12, 2018Bavery honored by AMC for munitions transportation efforts
- June 6, 2018Warriors learn WWI history, remember, and honor sacrifices
- June 6, 2018DOD Exoskeleton Technical Interchange Meeting focuses on reducing warfighter's load
- June 5, 2018Fort Stewart runs, remembers fallen
- June 4, 2018Natick researchers evaluate shelter protection system
- June 1, 2018Tankers reunite, remember, relive Desert Storm experiences
- May 31, 2018Honoring the fallen: Fort Rucker remembers those who made ultimate sacrifice
- May 31, 2018Natick Soldiers Participate in Local Memorial Day Observances
- May 30, 2018Natick employee recognized for extraordinary contributions to feeding the warfighter
- May 30, 2018Soldiers, first responders honored at annual Hooray for Heroes
- May 29, 2018"Gold Star parents remember their son"