Remembering and Honoring Our Heroes Ceremony
By K. Houston WatersMay 25, 2018
Natick, Mass. -- Brig. Gen. Vincent Malone II, senior commander, Natick Soldier Systems Center, participated in the Ninth Annual Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes May 24.
The event, held in Boston for the ninth consecutive year, recognized fallen Servicemembers from Operation Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, and Noble Eagle.
Held prior to each Memorial Day, Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes features Gold Star families and military personnel reading the names of the fallen. Nearly 300 names were read.
Malone had the honor of reading 10 names, one of which was Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene. Greene was killed in Afghanistan in 2014. Greene held the same position Malone holds now.
Command Sgt. Maj. Michael Pintagro, the USAG Natick Command Sgt. Maj., also read the names of 10 fallen Servicemembers.
More than 37,000 flags were placed in Boston Common, adjacent to The Soldiers and Sailors Monument.
Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker and Boston mayor Martin Walsh also spoke at the event.
- August 14, 2018America's Corps Honors 100 years of Courage.
- August 10, 2018Medics compete to be named best in the Pacific
- August 8, 2018Bottoni named RHC-P and Army Medicine civilian employee of the year
- August 8, 2018National Guard chief honors World War I battle anniversary
- July 30, 2018US senators move to name Columbus, Georgia, post office after 555th Parachute Infantry org
- July 30, 2018HQ USACE names Canton Lake Ranger Chittenden Award winner
- July 30, 2018Junior police academy trains at Natick
- July 30, 2018Natick's technical data packages have far-reaching impact
- July 18, 2018WWII survivor remembers Guam liberation