Remembering and Honoring Our Heroes Ceremony
By K. Houston WatersMay 25, 2018
Natick, Mass. -- Brig. Gen. Vincent Malone II, senior commander, Natick Soldier Systems Center, participated in the Ninth Annual Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes May 24.
The event, held in Boston for the ninth consecutive year, recognized fallen Servicemembers from Operation Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, and Noble Eagle.
Held prior to each Memorial Day, Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes features Gold Star families and military personnel reading the names of the fallen. Nearly 300 names were read.
Malone had the honor of reading 10 names, one of which was Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene. Greene was killed in Afghanistan in 2014. Greene held the same position Malone holds now.
Command Sgt. Maj. Michael Pintagro, the USAG Natick Command Sgt. Maj., also read the names of 10 fallen Servicemembers.
More than 37,000 flags were placed in Boston Common, adjacent to The Soldiers and Sailors Monument.
Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker and Boston mayor Martin Walsh also spoke at the event.
- February 22, 2019NSSC Senior Commander talks housing in town hall
- February 22, 2019'Iron Orthopedics' named Army Medicine's Wolf Pack
- February 22, 20192ID remembers critical moment in Warrior history
- February 21, 2019"Thunder Run" hero receives the nation's second highest award for valor
- February 20, 2019AAFES manager honored by ASG-A for support in Afghanistan
- February 19, 2019Army officials name next MICC leader
- February 15, 2019Hell Fighters receive heroes' welcome 100 years ago in New York
- February 14, 2019Fort Riley named finalist for Army Excellence Award
- February 13, 2019USAG Japan fire department named best large department in Pacific
- February 11, 2019Warhorse Remembers; 10 year anniversary of Soldiers killed
- January 25, 2019Washington National Guard remembers Medal of Honor recipient
- January 21, 2019Legacy, life of MLK remembered at Bagram Airfield