Remembering and Honoring Our Heroes Ceremony
By K. Houston WatersMay 25, 2018
Natick, Mass. -- Brig. Gen. Vincent Malone II, senior commander, Natick Soldier Systems Center, participated in the Ninth Annual Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes May 24.
The event, held in Boston for the ninth consecutive year, recognized fallen Servicemembers from Operation Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, and Noble Eagle.
Held prior to each Memorial Day, Remembering and Honoring Massachusetts Military Heroes features Gold Star families and military personnel reading the names of the fallen. Nearly 300 names were read.
Malone had the honor of reading 10 names, one of which was Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene. Greene was killed in Afghanistan in 2014. Greene held the same position Malone holds now.
Command Sgt. Maj. Michael Pintagro, the USAG Natick Command Sgt. Maj., also read the names of 10 fallen Servicemembers.
More than 37,000 flags were placed in Boston Common, adjacent to The Soldiers and Sailors Monument.
Massachusetts governor Charlie Baker and Boston mayor Martin Walsh also spoke at the event.
- August 16, 2019Raymundo Named USACE 2019 Project Manager of the Year
- August 16, 2019Military youth honored on national stage
- August 12, 2019Medal of Honor Recipient Inspires Army ROTC Cadets
- August 8, 2019Camp Zama's International Tours and Travel named best small garrison travel agency in newspaper poll
- August 5, 2019Power Beaming: Natick's novel research may lead to new energy capabilities for Soldiers
- August 2, 2019Benelux religious support personnel honor WWII chaplains
- July 31, 2019Ivory Coast native named Blanchfield's Soldier of the Quarter
- July 26, 2019BAMC Team named RHC-C Best Medics
- July 23, 2019Malone joins security enterprise training organization
- July 9, 2019N.Y. Guard Soldiers remember Medal of Honor recipients