Memorial Day 2018
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.May 21, 2018
Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have gone before us to protect our way of life. Americans across the globe will pause to honor the sacrifice of generations of men and women who have died for the cause of freedom. It is a somber occasion, but also a hopeful one that renews our commitment to service. Thank you for what you do every day to ensure their legacy endures.
All who continue to serve are critical to maintaining the legacy of our predecessors. From here through the end of the fiscal year, risk management will be especially important in safely enjoying the critical days of summer. History shows we can expect a steady climb in off-duty accidents these next few months, but you can reverse that trend by adhering to standards and playing it safe in all you do. Make smart risk decisions to remain ready for the fight.
We wish you all a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Readiness Through Safety!
- October 22, 2019Fort, SSVEC partner to keep lights on, neighborhoods safe
- October 16, 2019Safety message extends lifecycle for Black Hawk parts
- October 15, 2019Garmisch students practice fire safety, earn a ride on a fire truck
- October 10, 20192019 Columbus Day Safety Message
- October 10, 2019Inclement weather, safety procedures for USAG Ansbach
- October 9, 2019Friendly competition, driving safety focus of U.S. Army Aberdeen Test Center's Safe Driving Roadeo
- October 8, 2019The Corps' RAMS program helps restore land, keep people safe from abandoned mines
- October 7, 2019Family Legacy of Service Stands the Test of Time
- October 7, 2019Fort Knox trick-or-treating hours, safety message and listing of other Halloween-related events
- October 7, 2019Columbus Day Safety Message
- October 3, 2019Safety is everyone's job
- October 3, 2019Garrison water safe, tested throughout the year to ensure Soldier, family wellness
- October 2, 2019Fort Knox Garrison HHD earns safety excellence streamer
- October 1, 2019"Lucky 13th" celebrates 54 year legacy of sustaining the warfighter
- September 30, 2019Fort Drum Soldier Carries on Family's Legacy