Memorial Day 2018
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.May 21, 2018
Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have gone before us to protect our way of life. Americans across the globe will pause to honor the sacrifice of generations of men and women who have died for the cause of freedom. It is a somber occasion, but also a hopeful one that renews our commitment to service. Thank you for what you do every day to ensure their legacy endures.
All who continue to serve are critical to maintaining the legacy of our predecessors. From here through the end of the fiscal year, risk management will be especially important in safely enjoying the critical days of summer. History shows we can expect a steady climb in off-duty accidents these next few months, but you can reverse that trend by adhering to standards and playing it safe in all you do. Make smart risk decisions to remain ready for the fight.
We wish you all a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Readiness Through Safety!
- July 11, 2019Final touches require safe implementation
- July 10, 2019Veteran safety professional ensures USTRANSCOM's personnel and facilities stay safe and sound
- July 9, 2019TACOM Safety Office Recognized with Awards
- July 3, 2019Quality Management a multi-pronged effort
- July 1, 2019Keeping safe with fireworks
- July 1, 2019Leaders sign Norfolk Coastal Storm Risk Management design agreement
- July 1, 2019First Team Works to Ensure Safe and Healthy Homes for Soldiers and Families
- July 1, 2019ARCENT Hosts Safety Fair in Kuwait
- July 1, 2019Independence Day Safety Message
- June 28, 2019Cyber X-Games 2019 - Critical Network Defense with Joint Force and Multinational Focus
- June 28, 2019Leadership Changes, but Legacy Continues at McAfee U.S. Army Health Clinic
- June 27, 2019Military motorcycle program promotes safe riding, protects health and death benefits
- June 27, 2019Tobruq Legacy 2019.
- June 27, 2019US troops demonstrate night air defense artillery capabilities during Tobruq Legacy
- June 20, 2019Fourth of July firework safety
- June 18, 2019Chasing Stars: A Soldier continuing on his father's legacy