Memorial Day 2018
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.May 21, 2018
Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have gone before us to protect our way of life. Americans across the globe will pause to honor the sacrifice of generations of men and women who have died for the cause of freedom. It is a somber occasion, but also a hopeful one that renews our commitment to service. Thank you for what you do every day to ensure their legacy endures.
All who continue to serve are critical to maintaining the legacy of our predecessors. From here through the end of the fiscal year, risk management will be especially important in safely enjoying the critical days of summer. History shows we can expect a steady climb in off-duty accidents these next few months, but you can reverse that trend by adhering to standards and playing it safe in all you do. Make smart risk decisions to remain ready for the fight.
We wish you all a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Readiness Through Safety!
- August 3, 2018History lives at the 3rd ID Museum
- August 1, 2018Fort Riley celebrates chaplaincy's 243 year-old legacy
- July 31, 2018Buffalo District and Cory the Tugboat teach water safety at the Bornhava school
- July 31, 2018Pledging allegiance: From Iraqi interpreter to U.S. Soldier to American citizen
- July 30, 2018A legacy of soldiering continued
- July 30, 2018"Mustangs" receive the Army Safety Excellence Streamer
- July 30, 2018Riding Equines to Achieve Confidence and Health (REACH) Therapeutic Riding Center: A safe haven for
- July 30, 2018California Guard provides critical intelligence for Carr Fire
- July 27, 2018101 critical days of summer: children in hot cars
- July 26, 2018Keep safety information up-to-date
- July 26, 2018Employees improve flow, safety in shop
- July 25, 2018Critical Thinking: Doctor's patience yields new diabetes treatment and approach
- July 19, 2018'Not just babysitting': Fort Rucker offers safe, in-home options for child care
- July 19, 2018Stewart holds safety, security town hall
- July 18, 2018Be resilient: Reduce your risk of running and sports injuries
- July 18, 2018Public Health Corner: Summer Safety Tips: Pet and Insect Edition