Memorial Day 2018
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.May 21, 2018
Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have gone before us to protect our way of life. Americans across the globe will pause to honor the sacrifice of generations of men and women who have died for the cause of freedom. It is a somber occasion, but also a hopeful one that renews our commitment to service. Thank you for what you do every day to ensure their legacy endures.
All who continue to serve are critical to maintaining the legacy of our predecessors. From here through the end of the fiscal year, risk management will be especially important in safely enjoying the critical days of summer. History shows we can expect a steady climb in off-duty accidents these next few months, but you can reverse that trend by adhering to standards and playing it safe in all you do. Make smart risk decisions to remain ready for the fight.
We wish you all a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Readiness Through Safety!
- December 6, 2019Former Army Nurse Corps Officer remembered for his service
- December 6, 2019Instilling an atmospheric attitude to safety at combat training centers
- December 5, 2019How to keep pets safe during the holidays
- December 4, 2019Fort Knox Safety: Runners should be seen and aware of motorists
- December 2, 2019USTRANSCOM oversees strategic theater patient movement
- December 2, 2019Army IG system connects with past at birthday banquet
- November 30, 2019Lengyel: National Guard making vital contributions overseas
- November 27, 20198th TSC Thanksgiving Holiday Safety Message
- November 27, 2019Annual road march honors fallen AMEDD Soldiers
- November 27, 2019Ranchers and Rockets Converge on WSMR Rancher's Day
- November 26, 2019New capabilities highlight Army's list of critical protective eyewear
- November 26, 2019Keep your kitchen safe from fires this Thanksgiving
- November 25, 2019Barr library announces new challenge for Star Wars fans in time for saga finale
- November 25, 2019Fort Sill run honors fallen service members, Gold Star families
- November 25, 2019USAG Italy Thanksgiving Fire Safety
- November 22, 2019A Soldier trapped in paradise