Memorial Day 2018
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.May 21, 2018
Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have gone before us to protect our way of life. Americans across the globe will pause to honor the sacrifice of generations of men and women who have died for the cause of freedom. It is a somber occasion, but also a hopeful one that renews our commitment to service. Thank you for what you do every day to ensure their legacy endures.
All who continue to serve are critical to maintaining the legacy of our predecessors. From here through the end of the fiscal year, risk management will be especially important in safely enjoying the critical days of summer. History shows we can expect a steady climb in off-duty accidents these next few months, but you can reverse that trend by adhering to standards and playing it safe in all you do. Make smart risk decisions to remain ready for the fight.
We wish you all a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Readiness Through Safety!
- June 8, 2018VIDEO: Fort Benning hosts summit for emerging leaders in safety profession
- June 8, 2018Safety critical to success of port operations
- June 7, 2018'Always ready, always there': Army, Air Guardsmen keeping citizens safe as Hawaii volcano erupts
- June 5, 2018The sustainment brigade staff's critical path
- June 1, 2018DPW says water is good, safe
- May 31, 2018Avoiding complacency key to summer fire safety
- May 31, 2018Distracted driving increases the risk of accidents: Stay alert!
- May 30, 2018'REMEMBERING THEIR STORIES': Fort Benning observes Soldiers' legacies during Memorial Day
- May 30, 2018Safety officials say discarded medical needles and recycling don't mix
- May 29, 2018Guthrie Clinic stands down for safety
- May 25, 2018Army family legacy of service inspires at Asian American Pacific Island Heritage Month observance
- May 24, 2018U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Working to Improve the Nation's Infrastructure
- May 24, 2018Fort Leonard Wood Fire Department hosts pyrotechnic safety course
- May 23, 2018Army Aviation safety perspective given at summit
- May 21, 2018Esper: TRADOC critical to future Army
- May 18, 2018Car Safety Seat Inspection at Exchange