51st ESB Conducts safety training and mentorship ride
By Capt. Agustin BandaMay 9, 2018
April 20 leaders from the 51st Expeditionary Signal Battalion, 35th Theater Tactical Signal Brigade assembled motorcycle riders from within the battalion for a safety training and mentorship ride.The Battalion gathered riders at the battalion classroom on Jonit Base Lewis McChord, Wash. to conduct safety training. The key events were a safety class, bike inspection, and ride around the Puget Sound.
The first topic of discussion was centered on proper motorcycle attire and riding techniques.
The riders then gathered outside with their motorcycles to conduct inspections. Company motorcycle mentors used Tires, Controls, Lights, Oil Chassis, and Kickstand (T-Clock) worksheets to verify the safety of each motorcycle.
Following the inspection, they conducted a 3-hour safety and mentorship ride around the Puget Sound. Joint Base Lewis McChord was the starting point which then took them through Tacoma onto Highway 16, and back through the Olympic Peninsula. The safety and mentorship ride concluded with an After Action Review by the battalion motorcycle mentor. Safety and mentorship rides are a positive way to ensure Soldiers are safe while riding, all while building camaraderie through a common interest.
- October 22, 2020Top company-grade officers receive MacArthur leadership award
- October 22, 2020Fort Sill basic combat trainees issued new Army Green Service Uniforms
- October 21, 202025th ID instructor named a Facilitator of the Year
- October 22, 2020'SWAT team of nerds' tackles tough tech challenges
- October 22, 2020Soldier credits daughter for life-saving actions
- October 21, 20203D environments to play larger role in Project Convergence 2021
- October 21, 2020Army to widen reach of health study on COVID-19
- October 21, 2020Army engineers demonstrate selfless service post Hurricane Laura
- October 22, 2020DOD continues prioritizing families, people throughout pandemic
- October 20, 2020Progress marches on for more diverse Army
- October 20, 2020Army Reserve combat medic gets frontline experience
- October 20, 2020ReARMM to help stabilize training, modernization, mission requirements
- October 20, 2020Army Medicine Europe maintains robust COVID testing and reporting process