Photo contest submissions
By Carrie McLeroyMay 1, 2009
On behalf of the entire Soldiers magazine staff, I want to thank the hundreds of Soldiers, retirees and family members who submitted photos as part of the "Of Soldiers, by Soldiers" photo contest.
This month's cover features a photo (with background illustration) of an honor guard Soldier. The photo was taken by Staff Sgt. Cody J. Earl of Joint Forces Headquarters-Idaho, Idaho Army National Guard. He is the noncommissioned officer in charge of visual information, as well as a photographer.
We selected the image based on its quality and relevance.
We are planning to run photo pages in future months of the magazine, and intend to use some of the submissions we received in those layouts. I will do my best to notify individuals, should we decide to run their photos.
Thank you again to each and every individual who submitted. We sincerely appreciate your efforts in this endeavor, and more importantly, your service and sacrifices.
Editor, Soldiers magazine
- January 16, 2019Notes from the Garrison
- January 14, 2019Photo Essay: Whitetail Ridge Ski Area Maintenance Operations
- January 14, 2019From the streets to the military: Service changed his life
- January 11, 2019Photo Essay: Students build snowshoeing skills during cold-weather training at Fort McCoy
- January 8, 2019Idaho recruiting commander enlists daughter in Guard
- January 7, 2019Photo Essay: Jumping into training
- January 7, 2019Photo Essay: Determination
- January 7, 2019Photo Essay: 'Oh that's cold!'
- January 3, 2019Understanding industry is focus of new Army AL&T magazine
- January 3, 2019January 2019 edition of Eisenhower Army Medical Center's Rounds magazine
- December 31, 2018The Waiting is the Hardest Part
- December 31, 2018On The Dark Side
- December 20, 2018First post photographer arrives around 1869
- December 20, 2018Deadline to submit for Army's xTechSearch 2.0 competition is quickly approaching
- December 18, 2018Photo Essay: Photo Essay: Soldier takes plunge for cold-water immersion during training at Fort McCo
- December 18, 2018Photo Essay: CWOC students complete cold-weather ruck march during training at Fort McCoy