Photo contest submissions
By Carrie McLeroyMay 1, 2009
On behalf of the entire Soldiers magazine staff, I want to thank the hundreds of Soldiers, retirees and family members who submitted photos as part of the "Of Soldiers, by Soldiers" photo contest.
This month's cover features a photo (with background illustration) of an honor guard Soldier. The photo was taken by Staff Sgt. Cody J. Earl of Joint Forces Headquarters-Idaho, Idaho Army National Guard. He is the noncommissioned officer in charge of visual information, as well as a photographer.
We selected the image based on its quality and relevance.
We are planning to run photo pages in future months of the magazine, and intend to use some of the submissions we received in those layouts. I will do my best to notify individuals, should we decide to run their photos.
Thank you again to each and every individual who submitted. We sincerely appreciate your efforts in this endeavor, and more importantly, your service and sacrifices.
Editor, Soldiers magazine
- October 17, 2019Cadet Media Group capturing life of cadets in video, photos
- October 11, 2019Fort Benning to hold Oktoberfest, three days of German food, music, fun for kids, adults
- October 9, 2019Photo Essay: Fort McCoy firefighters maintain readiness daily
- October 8, 2019PS Magazine shifts to fully online information portal
- October 8, 2019USACAPOC Soldier remains 'humbled' to represent the Army Reserve
- October 4, 2019Idaho National Guard conducts exchange in Cambodia
- October 3, 2019Exchange seeks best pet costumes in Halloween photo contest
- October 1, 2019Fall issue of AL&T Magazine asks how to support future force
- October 1, 2019Soldier wins NASCAR and Professional Bowling Trip through MWR Promotion
- October 1, 2019Winning the Future Sustainment Fight
- September 24, 2019Photo Essay: UH-60 Black Hawk training operations at Fort McCoy
- September 24, 2019Photo Essay: Fort McCoy observes 2019 Hispanic Heritage Month
- September 18, 2019Researchers join forces; experiment with latest technologies to support future military operations
- September 12, 2019'By Valor and Power': Eight Soldiers, NCOs compete in 38th ADA Bde. contest
- September 12, 2019Barbecue contest warms Italian and US friendship