National Guard takes top honors in DoD environmental awards
By Sgt. 1st Class Jon Soucy | National Guard BureauApril 24, 2018
ARLINGTON, Va. -- The National Guard was recognized for environment stewardship, bringing home awards in multiple categories in the 2018 Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards.
The Hawaii Army National Guard took first place in the Natural Resources Conservation, Small Installation category while the Minnesota Army National Guard took first place in the Cultural Resources Management, Large Installation category.
Others were named runners-up, including the Pennsylvania Army National Guard in the Natural Resources Conservation Team category and the North Carolina Army National Guard's Field Maintenance Shop No. 1 in the Sustainability, Industrial Installation category. The Utah Army National Guard received the same honors in the Environmental Restoration, Installation category while the Ohio Army National Guard took the same title in the team category for environmental restoration.
- May 15, 2018Oklahoma National Guard provides expertise to Estonian forces
- May 15, 2018Maryland Guard showcases the benefits of partnerships through Vigilant Guard 2018
- May 14, 2018National Guard conducts annual cyber exercise
- May 14, 2018Military caregiver survey launches at four Army installations
- May 10, 2018Newest Bandmaster of National Guard's Oldest Military Band
- May 10, 2018Michigan National Guard works with partner nation Liberia
- May 9, 2018Barracks program aims to improve Soldier's quality of life
- May 8, 2018Georgia Army National Guard at JRTC
- May 8, 2018S.D. Guard members honored for car-crash assistance
- May 8, 2018National Guard marathon winners announced in Nebraska
- May 4, 2018Virginia National Guard to host Vigilant Guard emergency response exercise
- May 4, 2018Libraries: local resource, endless opportunities
- May 3, 2018Dugway to save money with chamber gift to Yuma PG
- May 3, 2018JBMHH celebrates service of The Old Guard
- May 1, 2018An environmental assessment for Maintenance Support Device Version 4
- April 25, 2018Installations enhancing 'power-projection platforms'