National Guard takes top honors in DoD environmental awards
By Sgt. 1st Class Jon Soucy | National Guard BureauApril 24, 2018
ARLINGTON, Va. -- The National Guard was recognized for environment stewardship, bringing home awards in multiple categories in the 2018 Secretary of Defense Environmental Awards.
The Hawaii Army National Guard took first place in the Natural Resources Conservation, Small Installation category while the Minnesota Army National Guard took first place in the Cultural Resources Management, Large Installation category.
Others were named runners-up, including the Pennsylvania Army National Guard in the Natural Resources Conservation Team category and the North Carolina Army National Guard's Field Maintenance Shop No. 1 in the Sustainability, Industrial Installation category. The Utah Army National Guard received the same honors in the Environmental Restoration, Installation category while the Ohio Army National Guard took the same title in the team category for environmental restoration.
- December 10, 2018The Seattle Fire Department conducts training with the Washington National Guard
- December 7, 2018Unmanned aircraft enhances Army Guard response capabilities
- December 6, 2018ORISE program assists installation environmental staff
- December 6, 2018Army awards outstanding community partnerships
- December 4, 2018Fort Knox Installation Ammunition Amnesty Day date has changed
- November 28, 2018510th Human Resources Company Completes Mission, Redeploys to Fort Drum
- November 28, 2018National Guard service strengthens West Virginia family
- November 27, 2018Pennsylvania Guard father and son become co-pilots
- November 21, 2018Progress on environmentally-friendly rocket motor disposal facility at Letterkenny Munitions Center
- November 21, 2018DFACs compete for the win
- November 13, 2018First children's museum on a military installation to open on JBLM
- November 9, 2018PHCE strengthens ties with host nation environmental counterparts