AER is there for those who serve
By Pvt. Yoo, Jin-hoApril 20, 2018
Army Emergency Relief Campaign Kickoff event took place March. 12, at the Yongsan Army Community Service building. Garrison Commander Col. J. Scott Peterson attended the event to emphasize the importance of AER in providing continuous assistance to Soldiers and their families.
AER is a private nonprofit organization incorporated in 1942 by the Secretary of War and the Army Chief of Staff. AER's mission is to provide emergency financial assistance to those who serve. Since 1942, AER has provided more than $ 1.8 billion to 3.7 million Soldiers and their families. On average, $61 million is provided to over 40,000 Soldiers each year.
All Active Duty Soldiers and Retirees are eligible for AER assistance. Those seeking support can easily find the closest Army installation AER office or can find the closest Air Force Base, Navy/Marine Corps Base, and Coast Guard Base. Individuals that are not within a 50 mile radius of a military installation can call the American Red Cross 24 hour Military Assistance through (877) 272-7337. In addition, there is the Company Commander and First Sergeant Quick Assist Program where the company commander and first sergeant can approve direct AER loans up to $2,000.
Once Soldiers request for AER assistance, AER evaluates the Soldier's financial status. Then AER provides either an interest free loan, a grant if repayment of loan will cause undue hardship, or part loan and part grant.
The AER Kickoff event closed its curtain with a cake-cutting ceremony, wishing to give a hand to those who serve.
- March 26, 2020Michigan National Guard screens for COVID-19 at veterans' home
- March 25, 2020MICC assists acquisition partners with training event
- March 25, 2020COVID-19 assistance available to Soldiers through AER
- March 24, 2020Soldiers can now apply for AER assistance electronically
- March 23, 2020Security enterprise examines foreign military sales processes
- March 16, 2020Army offering bonuses for new infantry recruits
- March 12, 2020'ABOUT FACE! FORWARD MARCH!' Soldiers evaluate, mentor local cadets
- March 11, 2020Installation kicks off 2020 AER campaign
- March 10, 2020Presidio doubles 2019 AER donations in single day
- March 10, 2020Army NCO to speak out against sexual assault at Redstone kickoff
- March 6, 2020Fort Knox AER 'bowl blast' kickoff encourages Soldiers, leaders to give back to the team
- March 6, 2020Fort Drum Soldiers help kick off annual Army Emergency Relief campaign
- March 4, 2020AER campaign aims to raise funds, awareness
- February 27, 2020Soldiers help Soldiers at Fort Jackson's Century Lanes