Post helps chart course toward blended retirement
By Leader Staff ReportsApril 12, 2018
Learning how to save money for retirement can be a difficult road to navigate, but Blended Retirement Workshops held on post April 10-11 helped Fort Jackson community members pick their way through a sometimes confusing Thrift Savings Plan.
Chris Souweine, trainer for the Federal Retirement Thrift Assessments Board, said knowing the TSP "is really important especially with other retirement benefits are kind of done for us."
TSP is different he said.
"With TSP it is up to us where we want to invest and how much we want to contribute," he said April 10 during a short break in a session titled, "TSP A-to-Z Workshop."
That workshop was one of three sessions held. Session two was held April 11 and covered training for mid-career civilians, while the third session was aimed at civilians later in their careers.
Souweine said the best advice he could give to federal employees was to "contribute enough" to get the maximum matching funds of 'at least five percent if you can afford to do so."
- April 10, 2018Miracles, Choices and Relationships
- April 7, 2018Research Supporting a Lifetime of Brain Injury: Part 4 of 4
- April 6, 2018Fifty years ago in TACOM news -- April 1968: "Planning Briefing Session Is Huge Success"
- April 6, 2018Benelux community recognizes National Vietnam War Veterans Day
- April 5, 2018Crane Army Creates a Pathway to Success
- March 30, 2018Exchange senior enlisted adviser visits Fort Drum, says AAFES remains committed to serving Soldiers,
- March 29, 20181-11th Champs beat 1-14th Squad Up, 62-41, to earn championship
- March 28, 2018Sponsors are compass for newcomers
- March 26, 2018Office of Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works) New Leadership
- March 23, 2018Madigan names NCO, Soldier of the Year
- March 22, 2018Cadre, Family members connect during Solomon Center activities
- March 21, 201813th Expeditionary Sustainment Command Trains for Future Operations
- March 20, 2018Fort Benning team determined to end heat-related deaths across DoD
- March 20, 2018USAG Ansbach Soldiers pitch-in to help clean up local neighborhoods, roadways.
- March 19, 2018License to Fail
- March 19, 2018Command, unencumbered