Post helps chart course toward blended retirement
By Leader Staff ReportsApril 12, 2018
Learning how to save money for retirement can be a difficult road to navigate, but Blended Retirement Workshops held on post April 10-11 helped Fort Jackson community members pick their way through a sometimes confusing Thrift Savings Plan.
Chris Souweine, trainer for the Federal Retirement Thrift Assessments Board, said knowing the TSP "is really important especially with other retirement benefits are kind of done for us."
TSP is different he said.
"With TSP it is up to us where we want to invest and how much we want to contribute," he said April 10 during a short break in a session titled, "TSP A-to-Z Workshop."
That workshop was one of three sessions held. Session two was held April 11 and covered training for mid-career civilians, while the third session was aimed at civilians later in their careers.
Souweine said the best advice he could give to federal employees was to "contribute enough" to get the maximum matching funds of 'at least five percent if you can afford to do so."
- October 17, 2018Fort Lee employee, retired Soldier summits Mount Whitney
- October 11, 2018Special Olympians strike day of fun at Fort Sill bowling center
- October 3, 2018USARPAC Celebrates 116 Years of Service
- October 2, 2018USAMMDA Bids Farewell to Dr. William McCarthy
- October 2, 2018USASOC Employee going above and beyond
- October 2, 2018Martial arts world champion is a beacon of hope for Soldiers
- October 1, 20182018 Retiree Appreciation Day coming to Fort Knox Oct. 12
- September 28, 2018AMCOM brings senior air defense leaders together
- September 26, 2018Retired sergeant major of the Army speaks with New York NCOs
- September 26, 2018Anderson leads Army's unmanned aircraft systems
- September 21, 2018Retired Soldier becomes licensed therapist
- September 21, 2018Sgt. Miguel Angel: Getting "SMART" about the future
- September 18, 2018Col. Richard Hornstein retires after 32 years of service
- September 18, 2018Brahmbhatt retires with old friend by her side
- September 14, 2018Command Sgt. Maj. Royal retires, Picatinny welcomes Command Sgt. Maj. Ford
- September 14, 2018Commentary: Make retirement a win-win by vesting in the Thrift Savings Plan