Post helps chart course toward blended retirement
By Leader Staff ReportsApril 12, 2018
Learning how to save money for retirement can be a difficult road to navigate, but Blended Retirement Workshops held on post April 10-11 helped Fort Jackson community members pick their way through a sometimes confusing Thrift Savings Plan.
Chris Souweine, trainer for the Federal Retirement Thrift Assessments Board, said knowing the TSP "is really important especially with other retirement benefits are kind of done for us."
TSP is different he said.
"With TSP it is up to us where we want to invest and how much we want to contribute," he said April 10 during a short break in a session titled, "TSP A-to-Z Workshop."
That workshop was one of three sessions held. Session two was held April 11 and covered training for mid-career civilians, while the third session was aimed at civilians later in their careers.
Souweine said the best advice he could give to federal employees was to "contribute enough" to get the maximum matching funds of 'at least five percent if you can afford to do so."
- June 7, 2018PS Magazine editor retiring with top awards
- June 5, 2018First USASOC Command Chief Warrant Officer passes reigns, retires after 36-year career
- June 5, 2018Allen assumes command sergeant major responsibilities at Eisenhower Army Medical Center
- June 1, 2018Retired military working dog honored in Washington, D.C.
- May 30, 2018Lancer Brigade's Courageous Conversations About
- May 30, 2018Buffalo District sends good wishes to Patti McKenna
- May 30, 2018Soldiers, first responders honored at annual Hooray for Heroes
- May 29, 2018Twenty Years Later
- May 29, 2018Thank You
- May 25, 2018Software Engineering Center Directorate Takes Leadership Training to Fort McHenry
- May 24, 2018Rebranding the NCO corps: Retiring Marne SGM expresses passion in NCO corps
- May 24, 2018Army Research Office director set to retire after over 30 years of service
- May 24, 2018Barnyard physical training session builds camaraderie
- May 23, 2018BAMC holds first health fair geared for women
- May 21, 20181st Sgt. Michele Garner: Living life to the fullest with no regrets
- May 21, 2018Loving our Mother (Earth): Vicenza celebrates Earth Day