Army names Pardew to lead ACC
By Ed WorleyApril 4, 2018
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. (April 4, 2018)--Army Contracting Command's next commander won't have to travel far to assume the position.Brig. Gen. Paul Pardew will be the command's fourth commanding general. He is currently the ACC deputy commanding general for operations outside the United States.Pardew will succeed Maj. Gen. James E. Simpson during a change of command ceremony here scheduled for May 31. Simpson will retire, completing more than 33 years of service. He became ACC's commander in August 2015."It has been an honor to serve with Brig. Gen. Pardew here at the headquarters over the past 18 months," Simpson said in announcing Pardew's selection to the command. "I know he will continue to excel as your next commanding general."Pardew said he is excited about the opportunity to lead ACC.
"It's a great mission with great people," he said.He credited those who have coached and mentored him throughout his career, including Simpson, for his success."You don't get here alone," Pardew said. "I've had the help of a lot of smart, passionate professionals along the way. I've had great support from the boss (Simpson)."
- August 11, 2020USAMMA hosts Change of Command
- August 11, 2020SDDC welcomes new brigade commander
- August 11, 2020USASAC welcomes new commander
- August 7, 2020Summer Interns Broaden Their Experience, Contribute to the NTC Mission
- August 7, 2020Departing Chief of staff reflects on his time with First Army
- August 7, 2020Camp Zama facilities named best in 7 categories in Stars and Stripes reader’s poll
- August 6, 2020SMA emphasizes ‘This is My Squad,’ inclusion during visit to Fort Campbell
- August 6, 2020USAACE honors 'best warriors'
- August 5, 2020V Corps Headquarters (Forward) location announced
- August 5, 2020Public Health Activity - Italy welcomes new Leadership
- August 5, 2020151st Infantry Regiment adapts training to COVID-19 pandemic
- August 4, 2020Army experiment evaluates communications systems' ability to mitigate threats
- August 4, 2020KFOR RC-E Soldiers deliver medical equipment to Zvecan clinic
- August 4, 2020Camp Zama entomologist aims to educate about insects, other creatures