Kid's Trout Fishing Derby rescheduled
By GUIDON staffMarch 29, 2018
The annual Kid's Trout Fishing Derby has been rescheduled for April 7, and will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. at Stone Mill Spring Recreation Area, located on Fort Leonard Wood Route 26, just past the Piney Valley Golf Course.
Children ages 2 to 15 can participate with supervision of a parent or guardian.
There are no fees or pre-registration requirements to participate, and all fishing permit requirements have been waived for this derby. There is a limit of four trout per angler.
Participants should bring their own bait, tackle and equipment, and remember to dress appropriately for the weather. No bait will be available on site.
For more detailed information, contact staff of the Outdoor Adventure Center at Bldg. 2290, located on FLW K at 573.596.4223.
- October 11, 2018BLOG: The horrors that don't scare kids anymore
- October 11, 2018Army funds new kits for teaching kids
- October 9, 2018Good grades pay off for military kids with Exchange 'You Made the Grade' Program
- October 5, 2018USACE uses Innovative Technologies for Fish Recovery
- September 28, 2018Soldier's childhood dream becomes reality
- September 24, 2018Army Cyber holds workshop for local Iowa teens at CornCon
- September 18, 2018Fall, winter bring a host of trips, classes with Outdoor Recreation
- August 30, 2018More than 260 Children earn green berets at 1st SFG (A) Kid's Q-Course
- August 30, 2018ECO Kids discovery events to keep children active
- August 27, 2018Five tips to get kids to school safely
- August 23, 2018Fort Jackson students kickoff the new school year in style
- August 17, 2018Ready for hunting season? Some regulations have changed
- August 16, 2018Annual event makes bike riding fun
- August 9, 2018USARIEM gives kids hands-on experience in science through 2018 GEMS program
- July 30, 2018WAFWA gives ammo plant conservation partner award
- July 25, 2018Soldiers spend the day playing with kids at Kuwait hospitals