Kid's Trout Fishing Derby rescheduled
By GUIDON staffMarch 29, 2018
The annual Kid's Trout Fishing Derby has been rescheduled for April 7, and will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. at Stone Mill Spring Recreation Area, located on Fort Leonard Wood Route 26, just past the Piney Valley Golf Course.
Children ages 2 to 15 can participate with supervision of a parent or guardian.
There are no fees or pre-registration requirements to participate, and all fishing permit requirements have been waived for this derby. There is a limit of four trout per angler.
Participants should bring their own bait, tackle and equipment, and remember to dress appropriately for the weather. No bait will be available on site.
For more detailed information, contact staff of the Outdoor Adventure Center at Bldg. 2290, located on FLW K at 573.596.4223.
- February 8, 2019Capt. Casey Turner: The comeback kid
- February 8, 2019Fort Jackson keeps schools, kids strong
- February 7, 2019Installation verifies barricade plan
- February 7, 2019Teaching Soldiers to fish for a lifetime
- February 6, 2019Community members explore through "Get Into Nature!" hikes
- February 5, 2019Operational test of commercial airmobile crane aims to improve Army battlefield aviation maintenance
- February 4, 2019NSRDEC, now the CCDC Soldier Center, has a new name and a bright future
- February 4, 2019CCDC Chemical Biological Center
- January 31, 2019MICC small business outreach
- January 29, 2019Potential Record-Size Fish Transferred as John Martin Stilling Basin is Dewatered for First Time
- January 24, 2019JBLM Tax Center set to open in new location
- January 24, 2019A sprinkle of rust helps locate defects