Kid's Trout Fishing Derby rescheduled
By GUIDON staffMarch 29, 2018
The annual Kid's Trout Fishing Derby has been rescheduled for April 7, and will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. at Stone Mill Spring Recreation Area, located on Fort Leonard Wood Route 26, just past the Piney Valley Golf Course.
Children ages 2 to 15 can participate with supervision of a parent or guardian.
There are no fees or pre-registration requirements to participate, and all fishing permit requirements have been waived for this derby. There is a limit of four trout per angler.
Participants should bring their own bait, tackle and equipment, and remember to dress appropriately for the weather. No bait will be available on site.
For more detailed information, contact staff of the Outdoor Adventure Center at Bldg. 2290, located on FLW K at 573.596.4223.
- April 18, 2019Fort Campbell's Culinary Arts Team participates in 44th annual culinary exercise
- April 18, 2019Youth job fair draws old, new participants
- April 15, 2019Army Corps team members participate in water security mission in Africa
- April 12, 2019Fishing survey forecasts fun
- April 10, 2019USASOC to participate in Festival D'Avion Airshow
- April 9, 2019Soldiers participate in the time-honored 'Order of the Spur'
- April 1, 2019La. Guard aviators deliver late Christmas gifts, fight erosion
- March 28, 2019101st Airborne Division: Reserve, cadets participate in tactical combat physical training
- March 28, 2019YOUR ENVIRONMENT: Post bats serve important role in ecosystem
- March 28, 2019Guard children get a chance to bond during 'Sleeping with the Fishes' event
- March 22, 2019Soldiers participate in Forlorn Reaper exercise
- March 20, 2019Washington's Homeland Response Force participates in joint exercise
- March 19, 2019Fort McCoy natural resources personnel earn USFWS Military Conservation Partner Award
- March 13, 2019Outdoor Rec looks forward to a host of adventures: Skydiving, canoeing, hunting, fishing and more