Brig. Gen. Joel B. Vowell, 25th ID Deputy Commanding Officer-Operations
By 25th Infantry DivisionMarch 27, 2018
Brig. Gen. Joel "JB" Vowell received his commission as an Infantry officer from the University of Alabama in 1991. During his career, he has been stationed in Europe, the Pacific, and many posts across the United States.
He has been on three combat tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, including both surge campaigns. He recently commanded the 3rd Brigade Combat Team ("Rakkasans") of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Brig. Gen. Vowell was a War College Fellow at Stanford University and was the Army Chief of Staff's Senior Fellow to the Brookings Institution.
His last assignment was as Executive Officer to the Secretary of the Army.
He is married with two children.
- February 19, 2019Need to Know: Fort Knox antiterrorism officer talks FPCON levels to alleviate confusion
- February 15, 2019With interagency meetings, Antilles regulatory office aims to accelerate permitting process
- February 14, 2019E-3 ADA (THAAD) and Task Force Talon partner with University of Guam Army ROTC
- February 8, 2019Retired officer who lost legs in Iraq talks of faith at Fort Benning prayer breakfast
- February 7, 2019Army leadership mentors ROTC cadets at Jackson event
- February 5, 2019AMCOM welcomes liaison officer
- February 5, 2019Army Corps of Engineers' first female brigadier general talks leadership with district staff
- February 4, 2019Soldiers team with university to leverage 3D printing technology
- February 4, 2019AER kickoff set for Feb. 28 at USAG Wiesbaden
- January 31, 2019Nurse Corps fought to include male nurses as officers
- January 31, 2019Contracting officer's representatives: What to expect
- January 17, 2019USACE Pacific Ocean Division senior executive service officer retires after 41 years of service