Brig. Gen. Joel B. Vowell, 25th ID Deputy Commanding Officer-Operations
By 25th Infantry DivisionMarch 27, 2018
Brig. Gen. Joel "JB" Vowell received his commission as an Infantry officer from the University of Alabama in 1991. During his career, he has been stationed in Europe, the Pacific, and many posts across the United States.
He has been on three combat tours in Afghanistan and one in Iraq, including both surge campaigns. He recently commanded the 3rd Brigade Combat Team ("Rakkasans") of the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. Brig. Gen. Vowell was a War College Fellow at Stanford University and was the Army Chief of Staff's Senior Fellow to the Brookings Institution.
His last assignment was as Executive Officer to the Secretary of the Army.
He is married with two children.
- June 14, 2019National Guard Bureau chief to Army: Happy birthday!
- June 13, 2019Joint Munitions Command inducts nine to Ammunition Hall of Fame
- June 13, 2019Warhurst holds final town hall
- June 12, 20197th ATC hosts Change of Command
- June 11, 2019100th Training Division Command Selected for Fielding of Army Greens
- June 10, 2019U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command welcome new commander
- June 10, 2019Minnesota Red Bulls Share in Social Softball Games with Kuwaiti Community
- June 7, 2019Army announces leadership change at Engineer School
- June 6, 2019General retires, settles in Lawton-Fort Sill community
- June 6, 2019Intel Center of Excellence deputy general visits National Training Center
- June 3, 2019NGB Chaplain Visits 1TSC
- May 31, 2019Army Reserve leaders remember fallen heroes during the Memorial Day weekend throughout Chicago
- May 31, 2019Gen. Perna gets update on Soldier and ground systems readiness efforts
- May 29, 2019Monthly Fort Knox retirement ceremony set for May 31
- May 28, 2019Memorial Day Service in Kuwait
- May 27, 2019Maj. Gen. Mitchell addresses the true meaning of Memorial Day