Community turns out to National Infantry Museum for 'Columbus Salutes Centennial'
By U.S. ArmyFebruary 27, 2018
Photos by Markeith Horace, Maneuver Center of Excellence, Fort Benning Public Affairs
COLUMBUS, Ga. (Feb. 27, 2018) -- The National Infantry Museum hosted "Columbus Salutes the Centennial," a community-wide celebration of Fort Benning's 100th anniversary, Feb. 24.
The event included static displays of armored vehicles and helicopters, and Officer Candidate School students from the Maneuver Center of Excellence dressed in period Army uniforms.
The event also included the Silver Wings Parachute Team and robotics and drone demonstrations.
To see more photos from the event, visit "PHOTO ALBUM: Columbus Salutes the Centennial" in the "Related Links" section on this page.
- March 20, 2019Lieutenant Adds Voice to Proudly Continue Bataan Death March Family Legacy
- March 19, 2019U.S. Army Small Arms Championship winners announced
- March 17, 20192019 Bataan Memorial Death March Begins with Emotional Opening Ceremony
- March 15, 2019Four Benning Soldiers discuss Army experiences as part of Women's History Month
- March 14, 2019Retired Soldier's dream job reveals Fort Sill's past
- March 7, 2019Aimee Copeland encourages Fort Benning Soldiers, civilians to grow through adversity
- March 5, 2019After five-day assessment, 89 of 457 Soldiers earn their Expert Infantryman Badges
- March 5, 2019Fort Rucker Sergeant Audie Murphy Association inducts 3 NCOs
- March 4, 2019Fort Benning activates new battalion to train entry-level Soldiers for service in Infantry
- February 25, 2019African-American Medal of Honor recipient is Black History Month speaker at Fort Benning
- February 20, 2019To help get food to local families, Fort Benning officer candidates ready, willing, able
- February 20, 2019ASG-A employee, Ben Gibson, recognized for service in Afghanistan
- February 12, 2019Fort Benning set to host 3rd annual heat injury forum