Community turns out to National Infantry Museum for 'Columbus Salutes Centennial'
By U.S. ArmyFebruary 27, 2018
Photos by Markeith Horace, Maneuver Center of Excellence, Fort Benning Public Affairs
COLUMBUS, Ga. (Feb. 27, 2018) -- The National Infantry Museum hosted "Columbus Salutes the Centennial," a community-wide celebration of Fort Benning's 100th anniversary, Feb. 24.
The event included static displays of armored vehicles and helicopters, and Officer Candidate School students from the Maneuver Center of Excellence dressed in period Army uniforms.
The event also included the Silver Wings Parachute Team and robotics and drone demonstrations.
To see more photos from the event, visit "PHOTO ALBUM: Columbus Salutes the Centennial" in the "Related Links" section on this page.
- July 17, 2018Retired warrant officer soars into ranks of Eagle Rising Society
- July 16, 2018Army's technical foundation marks centennial
- July 13, 2018Concert, fireworks light up Stewart
- July 13, 20184CAB, 1SBCT train on air assault
- July 10, 2018Fort Hunter Liggett Hosts Four Chaplains Memorial Prayer Luncheon
- July 10, 2018Bayonet Focus 18-02 - Building Readiness
- July 2, 2018Thirteen-gun salute honors outgoing First Army Division East Commanding General
- July 2, 201810th AAMDC Hosts U.S. Army warrant officer "Century of Service" commemoration
- June 29, 2018New York Cardinal, National Guard Chaplains remember Fighting Father Duffy
- June 28, 2018Soldiers, civilians complete WBAMC GME programs
- June 28, 2018Blue Grass Chemical Activity -- its place in Chemical Corps history
- June 28, 2018Patton Museum Renovations set foundation for bigger, better changes to come
- June 28, 2018Fourth of July celebrations on JBM-HH
- June 28, 2018Fourth of July 'top-notch celebration' will provide Centennial theme
- June 28, 2018FREEDOM FEST ON FOURTH: National Infantry Museum invites Soldiers, Families for celebration
- June 22, 2018Fort Knox architecture pays tribute to a centennial of military history