Community turns out to National Infantry Museum for 'Columbus Salutes Centennial'
By U.S. ArmyFebruary 27, 2018
Photos by Markeith Horace, Maneuver Center of Excellence, Fort Benning Public Affairs
COLUMBUS, Ga. (Feb. 27, 2018) -- The National Infantry Museum hosted "Columbus Salutes the Centennial," a community-wide celebration of Fort Benning's 100th anniversary, Feb. 24.
The event included static displays of armored vehicles and helicopters, and Officer Candidate School students from the Maneuver Center of Excellence dressed in period Army uniforms.
The event also included the Silver Wings Parachute Team and robotics and drone demonstrations.
To see more photos from the event, visit "PHOTO ALBUM: Columbus Salutes the Centennial" in the "Related Links" section on this page.
- December 7, 201822-week Infantry OSUT pilot program trainees graduate at forefront of Soldier Lethality
- December 6, 2018Photo Essay: Fort McCoy salutes former President Bush with 21-gun artillery salute
- December 6, 2018FORT KNOX TO CONDUCT 21-GUN AND 50-GUN SALUTES DEC. 6
- November 29, 2018Retired CSM at Benning organizes annual hunt for Gold Star children
- November 21, 2018A salute to service
- November 20, 2018Running community foots it through Fort Benning, Columbus
- November 20, 2018Secretary of Army visits Fort Benning, visits 22-week OSUT students, takes ACFT, holds town hall
- November 16, 2018Children's Museum of Tacoma starts to dig in on JBLM
- November 16, 2018Fort Benning Soldier, Fort Benning civilian coach youth sports in spare time
- November 15, 2018BENNING at 100: NFL, football take over Fort Benning during Veterans Day
- November 12, 2018COMMENTARY: A centennial of Veterans Days reflects countless sacrifices
- November 9, 2018Fort Benning's Henry Caro NCOA 'signs' up for PIE at Hardaway High
- October 30, 2018Benning sets down roots for next 100 years: Soldiers, Family members, non-profit members plant trees
- October 19, 2018Soldiers of Fort Benning run in celebration of 100th anniversary of Camp Benning's establishment