National Prayer Breakfast aims to bring spiritual strength, resiliency
By Mary Alford, Fort Knox News Contributing WriterFebruary 9, 2018
An event meant to provide spiritual strength and resiliency to the Fort Knox community is just around the corner.
The National Prayer Breakfast service is set for Feb. 20 at Prichard Place Chapel, 226 South 8th Armored Division Drive.
"The whole purpose is to build unity in our community and to provide an opportunity for leaders, soldiers and citizens to develop and build spiritual resiliency and to come together as a family and unit here on Fort Knox," Maj. Michael Patterson said.
The worship service will be from 7 to 8 a.m., followed by the breakfast. The theme for the event is Spiritual Gold: Living Beyond Yourself. Patterson said they will have five or six prayers, praying for the nation, Soldiers, Family, the community and leaders. He said between each of the prayers will be special music from people who are participants in their chapel.
The guest speaker for the event will be Fort Knox Senior Chaplain (Col.) David VanderJagt.
To attend, Patterson said, people need to get with a unit ministry team leader and get a ticket. If the team leader is out of tickets, he said those interested can call (502) 624-5255.
Patterson said the event is for the Fort Knox community, but anyone can attend. He said they do need to reserve tickets, however, so organizers have a good count on how many will be present.
Patterson said they had about 190 people attend last year. They can accommodate about 250.
- March 15, 2019New facilities, learning concepts help FKCS students succeed in college and workforce
- March 15, 2019Network security official says Fort Knox is ready for upcoming inspections
- March 15, 2019Fort Knox teen center youth wins state BGCA Military Youth of Year competition; marks sixth straight
- March 12, 2019DES: New Kentucky concealed carry law does not apply at Fort Knox
- March 11, 2019Journalist Eileen Rivers to sign copies of her book at Barr Memorial Library March 21
- March 7, 2019Fort Knox program hosting volunteer recruitment, AFAP issue fair March 12
- March 7, 2019Annual depot Prayer Breakfast held
- March 5, 2019Fort Knox hosts National Prayer Breakfast, encourages unity and diversity
- March 1, 2019Fort Knox conducts listening session to address residents' housing concerns
- March 1, 2019Fort Knox general, club director host black entertainers, ease tensions in pre-integrated Army
- February 28, 2019Military exchange shoppers at Fort Knox can save an extra 15 percent by opening a new MILITARY STAR
- February 28, 2019General Patton granddaughter visits Fort Knox, remembers father's time as armor commander
- February 27, 2019Cadet Command senior enlisted advisor opens SHARP training conference
- February 27, 2019Devil brigade Soldiers attend Polish public oath ceremony
- February 21, 2019Plans are underway to make Fort Knox hub for IMCOM gate guard recruiting efforts
- February 19, 2019Bayonet CBRN Soldiers attend coveted course