Camp Casey Tax Center Opening Ceremony
(Left to right) Lt. Col. Brian A. Jacobs, Commander, U.S. Army Garrison Casey, Col. Brandon D. Newton, Commander, U.S. Army Garrison Red Cloud and Area I, Pvt. Justin Shaw, Soldier with 210th Field Artillery Brigade, Command Sgt. Maj. Jason R. Copela... (Photo Credit: U.S. Army) VIEW ORIGINAL

CAMP CASEY, Republic of Korea -- Every year Camp Casey Tax Center opens its doors during tax season to provide services for active-duty service members, military retirees, Department of Defense civilian employees, and dependents. This year the Tax Center opened its doors Monday, Jan. 29 and will remain open until April 17, 2018.

The center has 12 volunteers, all coming from 210th Field Artillery Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division/ROK-US Combined Division.

"It's a great service for Soldiers to have somebody that knows what they are doing, that's been trained," said Col. Brandon D. Newton, Commander, U.S. Army Garrison Red Cloud and Area I, during his Opening Ceremony speech. "You guys have all had training to work on this particular problem that is ubiquitous that happens every year."

Although walk-ins are available, it is recommended customers set up an appointment to ensure fast service.

"We encourage appointments because we don't want somebody to wait for too long," said Cpt. Jeremy Lewis, the legal assistance officer, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, 2nd Infantry Division/ROK-US Combined Division and officer in charge of the Camp Casey Tax Center. "We have five stations up and running, but it could take a little while if you are just a walk in for us to be able to get to you."

Documents you will need to bring:

- Print out the W-2 from MyPay

- Valid Social Security number and date of birth for every person on return

- Valid power of attorney (POA), or fill out 2848 at the Tax Center for joint/married returns

- Military ID card or military Family member or retiree ID card

- If claiming child support, alimony et c, copy of LES allotment or divorce decree (service member must provide evidence of payments made in order to claim credit for them).

- 1099G, 1099DIV, 1099INT, 1099-T, and so forth as applicable. These are other forms for college tuition, state, local, or property taxes, as well as interest earned, and other stocks and bond accounts. If the client wishes to file a state return, we must have the appropriate state based tax documents.

- Bank account information, such as checking or savings account, and routing number if the client wishes to opt into electronic filing.

If you have any questions please call the tax center at 730-4888. They are open Monday thru Friday, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.