Army to test new gate entry system at Fort Sill
By Monica K. Guthrie, Fort Sill Public AffairsJanuary 25, 2018
FORT SILL, Okla. (Jan. 25, 2018) -- Fort Sill will assist the Army in evaluating a new gate system beginning Jan. 29. The testing implementation will be gradual, starting with 52nd Street Gate and adding another gate or two each day until all are functioning with the new system.
During the first week, Fort Sill will be phasing in the systems, allowing the Fort Sill community and the gate guards time to become familiar with the new look and process. After the first week, members of an Army-evaluation team will arrive for a two-week assessment.
There will be no change to gate-access requirements. Those with DoD-issued ID cards and those who require a visitor's pass will experience no obvious changes to gate operations. Visually the gates will have a new self-scanning system, however, it will be operated by the guards.
Additionally, during periods of low traffic, patrons may observe a gate arm that will raise when access has been granted. In the event the new system falters, the current system is available for guards to scan individuals onto post as they have done in the past.
This is a test and there will be no change to post access. Additionally, there is no change to access requirements.
- February 6, 2018Arizona Army National Guard Infantry and Aviation collaborate for air assault operations
- February 2, 2018South Carolina National Guard Soldiers compete to be state's Best Warrior
- February 2, 2018Oklahoma Army National Guard trains on flying the "Shadow"
- February 1, 2018Rediscovering Fort Knox
- February 1, 2018Idaho Guard medical readiness relies on commander and individual Soldier commitment
- February 1, 2018Longtime family program manager selected to lead Fort Sill Army Community Service
- February 1, 2018Fort Sill Child Development Centers receive national accreditation
- February 1, 2018Fort Sill trainers learn improved running techniques
- February 1, 2018Fort Sill NCOs follow similar path to excellence
- February 1, 2018Huntington District Unmanned Aerial System Support to Task Force Power
- February 1, 2018Vicenza VTF increases access to pet care
- January 29, 2018Veterinary clinic increases access to care
- January 26, 2018Army, services detail efforts to modernize personnel systems
- January 25, 2018Help wanted: Gate Guard Job Fair helps applicants navigate hiring process
- January 25, 2018Fort Sill recognizes 'Year of the Warrant Officer'
- January 25, 2018Fort Sill Soldier interprets BCT graduation using sign language