Army to test new gate entry system at Fort Sill
By Monica K. Guthrie, Fort Sill Public AffairsJanuary 25, 2018
FORT SILL, Okla. (Jan. 25, 2018) -- Fort Sill will assist the Army in evaluating a new gate system beginning Jan. 29. The testing implementation will be gradual, starting with 52nd Street Gate and adding another gate or two each day until all are functioning with the new system.
During the first week, Fort Sill will be phasing in the systems, allowing the Fort Sill community and the gate guards time to become familiar with the new look and process. After the first week, members of an Army-evaluation team will arrive for a two-week assessment.
There will be no change to gate-access requirements. Those with DoD-issued ID cards and those who require a visitor's pass will experience no obvious changes to gate operations. Visually the gates will have a new self-scanning system, however, it will be operated by the guards.
Additionally, during periods of low traffic, patrons may observe a gate arm that will raise when access has been granted. In the event the new system falters, the current system is available for guards to scan individuals onto post as they have done in the past.
This is a test and there will be no change to post access. Additionally, there is no change to access requirements.
- December 14, 2018New York National Guard marks Guard Birthday with a cake cutting
- December 14, 2018South Carolina National Guard celebrates National Guard's 382nd birthday
- December 13, 2018Recycling water nabs state award for Fort Sill, American Water Enterprises
- December 13, 2018Fort Sill thanks community sponsors with appreciation social
- December 6, 2018Ordnance Training Detachment Sill welcomes new commander
- December 6, 2018Sgt. Audie Murphy Club inducts two drill sergeants
- December 6, 2018Two Fort Sill Soldiers recognized as lifesavers
- December 6, 2018Fort Sill annual memorial run remembers fallen service members, Gold Star families
- November 30, 2018Maryland Army National Guard Soldiers train on Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia.
- November 29, 2018New book tells Fort Sill story with timeline, photos
- November 29, 2018Fort Sill junior NCOs focus of three-day workshop
- November 29, 2018Muscle Maker Grill opens at Fort Sill Main Exchange food court
- November 29, 2018Fort Sill honors its Best Warriors
- November 21, 201820th color guard celebrates Veterans Day with John Archer students
- November 21, 2018Fort Sill fitness center dedicated to two Soldiers
- November 21, 2018Fort Sill celebrates American Education Week