The U.S. Army Garrison Fort Hunter Liggett Fellows Program
By Amy PhillipsJanuary 24, 2018
During the kick-off meeting, Allie Vallery, the Workforce Development Program Manager, provided a program overview, and the Fellows and their mentors conducted their initial meetings. The highlight of the day was a helicopter tour of FHL with Range Officer Tony Trutanich providing the narration.
The year-long program provides the Fellows with leadership training, a chance to explore other jobs, and insight of all the directorates and how they all work together to meet the garrison mission of providing quality installation services and facilities to customers. In addition, mentees and their mentors meet on a regular basis to help answer any questions or provide a behind-the-scenes look at their respective jobs and directorate.
Thus far, participants received an introduction to the military decision making process and training on group dynamics, personality profiles and leadership styles. During the next quarter, participants will continue to learn about the many directorates and their functions, and go on tours with hands-on experience on some of the simulators that Soldiers use.
In the summer of 2018, a call for application will be announced for the next rotation of Fellows Program participants. For more info, contact Allie Vallery at 386-3253 or stop by the Human Resources Office at Building 238.
- August 5, 2020DOD names Army scientist LUCI Fellow for quantum work
- August 5, 2020Andy's Fitness Center opening announced
- August 4, 2020121st Field Hospital Demonstrates Its Agility and Capability to ROK Counterparts
- August 3, 2020International Fellows select Bulgarian officer as their president for USAWC Class of 2021
- August 3, 20201/52nd AV support of cultural resources
- August 3, 2020Jackalope 6 reliquishes HHC command
- August 3, 2020Unit Specialist for Intelligence and Sustainment Company reenlists at Humphreys
- July 31, 2020USAG Bavaria’s HHC welcomes new first sergeant
- July 30, 2020Command team offers leadership tips
- July 30, 2020Fort Sill welcomes new garrison commander
- July 30, 2020New Commissary opens doors at Brunssum
- July 30, 2020Motorcycle courses help Soldiers hone skills
- July 29, 2020Fort Buchanan Army Reserve Center Ground Breaking Ceremony
- July 29, 2020Drawing on support — Garrison leaders donate blood at American Red Cross event
- July 29, 2020Chaplains reflect on legacy of their corps
- July 24, 2020USAG Wiesbaden child care centers keep safety top of mind