Christmas comes early for Morris first-graders
By Giselle Lyons, Army Contracting CommandDecember 14, 2017
HUNTSVILLE, Ala.--Wiggling in their seats. Tapping their feet. Stretching their heads around one another just to get a look at the stage. Because today…well, today might be their Christmas.Eighty-three first-graders at Morris P8 received more than 300 gifts Dec. 13 from employees at the Army Contracting Command, secret Santa gifts that they may have never received otherwise."I'm pretty happy," said Braelyn, age 6 and one of the gift recipients. "I am thinking I might get doll stuff. These people are really nice to bring us gifts."For the third year in a row, ACC has participated in the Angel Tree program. Students at Morris, which is ACC's Adopt-a-School partner, reap the benefits of many big-hearted employees."This helps some of our struggling parents so much," said Patty Boyd, Morris principal. "I'm so astounded every year at the generosity (of ACC)."The students make wish-lists of desired presents. The gifts can be everything from as simple as stuffed animals to as grand as bikes. The lists are then placed on a Christmas tree in the ACC headquarters lobby. Employees select a card and purchase gifts for that child, either from the wish list or of similar interest."It makes me feel fulfilled to be able to give to those less fortunate," said Kimberly Crear-Gregory, the event coordinator and a security specialist at ACC. "To see the joy on their faces is worth it. I just feel like this is my time to give."Brig. Gen Paul Pardew, ACC deputy commanding general for Overseas Operations, agreed. He spoke to the students and handed out gifts."This is a great time for us to give back to the local community," Pardew said. "It could be a small thing to us, but a huge thing in their world. ACC is proud to be a part of this event."
- May 27, 2020Captain impresses TRADOC CG with COVID-19 mitigation measures for Airborne students, cadre safety
- May 26, 2020Fort Knox teachers thank parents for partnering with them to ‘finish the year well’
- May 26, 2020WHINSEC Honors Command & General Staff Officer Course Students
- May 21, 2020Fort Leavenworth parade celebrates students’ accomplishments
- May 21, 2020Rite of Passage
- May 21, 2020All Trainers on Deck!
- May 20, 2020Local students discuss their experiences with digital learning during COVID-19
- May 12, 2020USO appreciates military spouses with giveaways
- May 11, 2020ROTC Cadet uses 3D printer to make face shields for local first responders dealing with COVID-19 virus
- May 6, 2020Student-athlete, to Army ROTC, to Potential NFL Pro.
- May 4, 2020The NCOLCoE students of class 70 - learners, leaders, and mentors
- April 27, 2020Soldiers reminded to exercise ethical responsibilities during pandemic