Sustainment Participates in 8th Grade Career Exploration Day
By CourtesyDecember 6, 2017
Brenda Scarborough, the career counselor for CMCSS, said this is the second year the Soldiers of the 101st Abn. Div. Sust. Bde. have participated in the event.
Scarborough said the goal of the event is to help students understand the different job opportunities available for them after high school.
"Our vision [at CMCSS] is to graduate our kids [and for them] to be career ready," said Scarborough.
Scarborough added that for her it's important to invite the Soldiers of Fort Campbell to events like career exploration day.
"I think that the military is such a crucial part of our community," said Scarborough. "The Soldiers are able to show the students the different [occupations] in the military and share their experience."
Soldiers in the signal, finance, quartermaster, transportation, engineer and military intelligence field from the 101st Abn. Div. Sust. Bde. participated in the event.
Master Sgt. Amy Prince, the logistics noncommissioned officer in charge for the 101st Abn. Div. Sust. Bde., was part of the team that supported the event.
According to Prince, this was her first time participating in an event like career exploration day.
"The next leaders of our Army are among those children," said Prince "The Army is a career that offers so many benefits, so it's important that we show them how the military works."
Prince said she enjoyed talking to the students and is excited to continue supporting the event.
"I love sharing what I do [in the military]," said Prince. "I was able to show and share with the [students] how the military changed my life."
Brenda, who has helped organize the career day for the past eight years, said she hopes to continue highlighting the Army as an option for students after high school.
"It's vital that Fort Campbell stays involved with career exploration day," said Scarborough. "There is no better way for students to know how the military works than by Soldiers telling them first hand."
- July 1, 2020Chief Warrant Officers reflect on careers, cohort ahead of 102nd birthday
- July 1, 2020San Diego native reflects on Army career
- June 30, 2020AMCOM logistician finds calling in lifecycle sustainment
- June 30, 2020Romeo Crennel: Path to NFL runs through Knox
- June 29, 2020Soldier’s interest in environment inspires his career
- June 26, 2020Army leaders highlight career benefits for nationwide hiring event
- June 26, 2020Army Hiring Days: Wiesbaden ‘super recruiters’ match people across Europe with careers
- June 25, 2020Army Chief Warrant Officer reflects on Army career, benefits
- June 25, 2020BG Michelle Letcher is 42nd Chief of Ordnance
- June 24, 2020ROTC Scholarship Helps Students Pay for College
- June 23, 2020Protecting the protectors: Reservist on front lines helps contain COVID-19 spread
- June 22, 2020Army Spouse Employment, Career and Education Information
- June 16, 2020From immigrant to general officer, Michael set to retire after 32 years of service
- June 15, 2020Childhood tumor leads hockey player to health care career, the Army, and COVID-19 battle
- June 8, 2020Aiming to ‘elevate, empower and energize’