Benelux leaders honor veterans during Armistice Day
By USAG Benelux Public AffairsNovember 17, 2017
CHIÈVRES, Belgium -- Many Belgian cities held Armistice Day commemorations Nov. 11 to honor the military veterans and civilians of both wars.
In Chièvres, the ceremony at the town cemetery was followed by another ceremony on the square at 11 a.m. Command Sgt. Maj. Samara Pitre, of U.S. Army Garrison Benelux, was present to honor war heroes.
In Brugelette, the ceremony started with a religious service at the Brugelette church, followed by a parade through town with three flower-laying ceremonies.
Col. Kurt Connell, USAG Benelux Commander, payed tribute to veterans and saluted in front of Belgian Air Force Lt. Col. Joseph Daumerie's plaque.
- October 12, 2018Benelux community observes National Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 5, 2018Retiree appreciation events announced for Benelux communities
- October 5, 2018Benelux community to observe Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- October 1, 2018President awards Medal of Honor to Shok Valley medic
- September 28, 2018Benelux hosts Suicide Awareness Month Resiliency Olympics
- September 28, 2018Benelux community to observe Fire Prevention Week
- September 28, 2018World War II veterans visit JFC Brunssum
- September 21, 2018Honoring sacrifice: Fort Rucker honors POWS, MIAs during ceremony
- September 21, 2018Veteran has good reason to honor POW/MIA Day
- September 21, 2018Benelux town hall on lead paint provides answers to the community
- September 20, 2018Belanger honored for service in Afghanistan
- September 14, 2018Benelux community runs to remember and honor 9/11 victims and their families
- September 10, 2018Local community honors 10th Special Forces Group fallen in memorial ceremony