Benelux leaders honor veterans during Armistice Day
By USAG Benelux Public AffairsNovember 17, 2017
CHIÈVRES, Belgium -- Many Belgian cities held Armistice Day commemorations Nov. 11 to honor the military veterans and civilians of both wars.
In Chièvres, the ceremony at the town cemetery was followed by another ceremony on the square at 11 a.m. Command Sgt. Maj. Samara Pitre, of U.S. Army Garrison Benelux, was present to honor war heroes.
In Brugelette, the ceremony started with a religious service at the Brugelette church, followed by a parade through town with three flower-laying ceremonies.
Col. Kurt Connell, USAG Benelux Commander, payed tribute to veterans and saluted in front of Belgian Air Force Lt. Col. Joseph Daumerie's plaque.
- January 16, 2019Fort Bragg Soldiers participate in Carolina Hurricanes Military Appreciation Game
- January 10, 2019Oldest American man, WWII veteran to be buried at historic cemetery
- January 3, 2019Lab work offered at Ireland for retirees, VA patients
- January 2, 2019VNG Funeral Honors Program ensures all eligible veterans get proper final respects
- January 2, 2019It's not just a headstone, it stands for a friend, Soldier
- December 21, 2018For Benelux community members: How to best prepare for a power outage in Belgium
- December 20, 2018New York National Guard artillery troops honor WWII veteran
- December 19, 2018Wounded Army veteran finds new purpose with NFL team
- December 17, 2018Fort Benning holds its first Wreaths Across America Day ceremony to honor veterans
- December 15, 2018Wreaths Across America, volunteers lay wreaths at Kentucky Veterans Cemetery, Radcliff
- December 13, 2018Fort Bragg Contracting Soldiers give back, serve brunch to area veterans
- December 13, 2018HRC personnel collect, donate items for homeless veterans
- November 30, 2018Local orphans await Santa's arrival in the Benelux
- November 21, 2018Commentary: Benelux Pride -- Seen through the lens of a communicator