Benelux leaders honor veterans during Armistice Day
By USAG Benelux Public AffairsNovember 17, 2017
CHIÈVRES, Belgium -- Many Belgian cities held Armistice Day commemorations Nov. 11 to honor the military veterans and civilians of both wars.
In Chièvres, the ceremony at the town cemetery was followed by another ceremony on the square at 11 a.m. Command Sgt. Maj. Samara Pitre, of U.S. Army Garrison Benelux, was present to honor war heroes.
In Brugelette, the ceremony started with a religious service at the Brugelette church, followed by a parade through town with three flower-laying ceremonies.
Col. Kurt Connell, USAG Benelux Commander, payed tribute to veterans and saluted in front of Belgian Air Force Lt. Col. Joseph Daumerie's plaque.
- January 9, 2018N.Y. Army National Guard honors Syracuse man who was knighted by Dutch Queen in 1946
- December 29, 2017Everyday Army heroes bring honor to profession, country in 2017
- December 27, 2017Annual Korean-American Friendship Day honors the unwavering alliance forged in blood
- December 26, 2017Two Army Veterans receive Medal of Honor in 2017
- December 26, 2017Christmas Eve road march honors deployed service members
- December 26, 2017Army Medal of Honor recipient celebrates Christmas with fellow Soldiers in Afghanistan
- December 22, 2017Man on the Street: What does Bastogne mean to you?
- December 22, 2017Battle of the Bulge's 73rd anniversary observed
- December 22, 2017DGM Derrick Hood leaves Brussels
- December 21, 2017N.Y. Army National Guard expects to conduct 9,030 military funerals by the end of 2017
- December 19, 2017McAlester Wreaths Across America Day honors veterans
- December 18, 201711 Years Strong; Wreaths for Warriors Walk Honors 3ID Soldiers
- December 13, 2017CRDAMC honors community partners, Gold Star Families
- December 12, 2017Memorial workout honors EOD techs lost in battle
- December 7, 2017U.S. Army Pacific Honors Soldiers
- December 7, 2017Fort Sill honors 20 Family of the Year nominees