Benelux leaders honor veterans during Armistice Day
By USAG Benelux Public AffairsNovember 17, 2017
CHIÈVRES, Belgium -- Many Belgian cities held Armistice Day commemorations Nov. 11 to honor the military veterans and civilians of both wars.
In Chièvres, the ceremony at the town cemetery was followed by another ceremony on the square at 11 a.m. Command Sgt. Maj. Samara Pitre, of U.S. Army Garrison Benelux, was present to honor war heroes.
In Brugelette, the ceremony started with a religious service at the Brugelette church, followed by a parade through town with three flower-laying ceremonies.
Col. Kurt Connell, USAG Benelux Commander, payed tribute to veterans and saluted in front of Belgian Air Force Lt. Col. Joseph Daumerie's plaque.
- July 23, 2018RHCE conducts Change of Responsibility ceremony
- July 20, 201853rd MCB Conducts NCO Induction Ceremony in Poland
- July 20, 2018Lt. Gen. Kadavy hosts Twilight Tattoo, recognizes employers
- July 19, 2018Medal of Honor recipient arrives at Fort Knox -- again
- July 19, 2018Ceremony celebrates Berlin Airlift mural, monument
- July 18, 2018WWII survivor remembers Guam liberation
- July 17, 2018Contracting specialists recognized at awards ceremony
- July 16, 2018SDDC Ops SGM completes 31-year career
- July 12, 2018Veterans reflect on first battle of Korean War; receive honors from city they protected
- July 10, 2018Honoring "her" promise to take care of Soldiers
- July 10, 2018Japan honors the fallen
- July 9, 2018Kenneth Ross named 2018 Army Lodging Supervisor of the Year
- July 9, 2018Benelux commander starts "traveling and listening tour"
- July 6, 2018Standalone: 'Road Trip!'
- July 6, 2018Closing Ceremony Finishes Up KQ18
- July 3, 2018Benelux commander addresses teammates