Benelux leaders honor veterans during Armistice Day
By USAG Benelux Public AffairsNovember 17, 2017
CHIÈVRES, Belgium -- Many Belgian cities held Armistice Day commemorations Nov. 11 to honor the military veterans and civilians of both wars.
In Chièvres, the ceremony at the town cemetery was followed by another ceremony on the square at 11 a.m. Command Sgt. Maj. Samara Pitre, of U.S. Army Garrison Benelux, was present to honor war heroes.
In Brugelette, the ceremony started with a religious service at the Brugelette church, followed by a parade through town with three flower-laying ceremonies.
Col. Kurt Connell, USAG Benelux Commander, payed tribute to veterans and saluted in front of Belgian Air Force Lt. Col. Joseph Daumerie's plaque.
- April 24, 2018USACE Omaha nears completion of Rocky Mountain Regional Medical Center
- April 24, 2018National Guard takes top honors in DoD environmental awards
- April 23, 2018"Rock, You Draw a Hell Of a Crowd"
- April 23, 2018Benelux community observes Child Abuse Prevention Month
- April 23, 2018April is Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
- April 20, 2018USSOCOM inducts six new members into Commando Hall of Honor
- April 19, 2018The Experience of Survival - Remembering the Holocaust
- April 19, 2018Volunteers needed to help tell the Army story, one veteran at a time
- April 16, 2018Waves show wounded warriors the way
- April 15, 2018Most important ways to honor Army Acquisition Workforce achievements
- April 12, 2018Changing attitudes: It is not a "rite of passage"
- April 11, 2018SMDC honors memory of team member
- April 11, 2018Army veteran joins weightlifting elite while improving his overall fitness
- April 6, 2018A brave heart, resilient soul: A SHAPE high school junior's journey to competition
- April 6, 2018Benelux community recognizes National Vietnam War Veterans Day
- April 6, 2018Benelux community honors women who fight discrimination