Holiday Season 2017
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.November 16, 2017
Thanksgiving is upon us, and this week Soldiers around the world will gather in gratitude with loved ones and friends. Others will remain in harm's way, observing the day in the company of their brothers and sisters in arms. Wherever you are, we are thankful for you and grateful for your service and sacrifice. Thank you for what you do every day for our Army and our Nation.
Thanksgiving also marks the beginning of the hustle and bustle of the traditional holiday season. The next few weeks will be among the busiest travel times of the year, and now is the time to develop a plan to execute your journeys safely. Adequate rest, preparing for weather contingencies and celebrating responsibly all will help ensure you and your family make lasting happy memories. Enjoy your time off, but do so with an end goal in mind - returning home alive and ready to fight.
We wish you all a joyful and safe Thanksgiving and holiday season.
Readiness Through Safety!
- February 12, 2018Bringing a sense of home to the Soldiers of Daegu
- February 8, 2018Travel Extravaganza showcases vacation opportunities
- February 5, 2018U.S. Army lab earns Department of the Army safety award
- February 2, 2018TAXES: Save first, spend sparingly this tax refund season
- February 1, 2018Fort Sill trainers learn improved running techniques
- February 1, 2018Veterinary Teamwork prevents travel delays for furry family members
- February 1, 2018SHAPE tax assistance center opens for the season
- January 31, 2018MEDDAC Fort Jackson prepares for safety recertification
- January 30, 2018Tobyhanna Army Depot recommits to safety
- January 30, 2018DOD looking into impact of fitness trackers on Soldier safety
- January 29, 2018Know the risks, dangers of unauthorized family child care
- January 25, 2018WBAMC telephone preop project kicks off
- January 25, 2018ANAD earns AMC safety award for FY17
- January 24, 2018Employee, supervisor participation vital to safety success
- January 18, 2018Deployed contracting Soldiers stay focused during holidays
- January 18, 2018Edwards Promotes Pathway to Success for At-Risk Teens