Holiday Season 2017
By Brig. Gen. David J. Francis and Command Sgt. Maj. Ernest D. Bowen, Jr.November 16, 2017
Thanksgiving is upon us, and this week Soldiers around the world will gather in gratitude with loved ones and friends. Others will remain in harm's way, observing the day in the company of their brothers and sisters in arms. Wherever you are, we are thankful for you and grateful for your service and sacrifice. Thank you for what you do every day for our Army and our Nation.
Thanksgiving also marks the beginning of the hustle and bustle of the traditional holiday season. The next few weeks will be among the busiest travel times of the year, and now is the time to develop a plan to execute your journeys safely. Adequate rest, preparing for weather contingencies and celebrating responsibly all will help ensure you and your family make lasting happy memories. Enjoy your time off, but do so with an end goal in mind - returning home alive and ready to fight.
We wish you all a joyful and safe Thanksgiving and holiday season.
Readiness Through Safety!
- June 21, 2018Silver Wings Golf Course sports 3 9-hole courses, many challenges
- June 21, 2018Youth learn ages-old life lessons at Vacation Bible School
- June 21, 2018OUT & ABOUT - Veneto and Tuscany June 21-July 5
- June 14, 2018Safety: Drink plenty of fluids when participating in physical activities
- June 14, 2018SMDC, MDA celebrate safety
- June 14, 2018Ladder safety is everyone's responsibility
- June 14, 2018CO praises depot workforce's effort in P2P, CIP, safety
- June 13, 2018Army names fiscal 2017 safety award winners
- June 13, 2018Contracting Soldiers travel down under for Hamel 18
- June 11, 2018Law enforcement torch run makes way through Fort Riley
- June 8, 2018VIDEO: Fort Benning hosts summit for emerging leaders in safety profession
- June 8, 2018Safety critical to success of port operations
- June 7, 2018U.S. Army Reserve-Puerto Rico Soldiers ready for 2018 hurricane season
- June 7, 2018Vacation Bible School shares inspiring journey, teaches life lessons
- May 31, 2018Avoiding complacency key to summer fire safety
- May 31, 2018Hurricane season is coming, be prepared