By Staff Reports, ANAD Operations OfficeNovember 16, 2017
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. -- The Emergency Management Modernization Program's Mass Warning and Notification System for Anniston Army Depot provides an emergency warning solution for employees with e-mail addresses through the Army's Enterprise E-mail System.
The EM2P MWN solution utilizes an At Hoc commercial product, providing depot employees with emergency notification information.
The At Hoc system is the quickest and easiest way to receive emergency notifications. Each employee who works on a computer at the installation has access to At Hoc at their work station.
The system's capabilities include:
• Network notifications via desktop pop-ups to computer workstations on the installation's primary network domain
• Telephone notifications to work, mobile and home phones
• Text messages to mobile phones
• E-mail notifications to work and home e-mail accounts
• Smart phone application notifications
Instructions for signing up on the At Hoc system are located on the Intranet. The At Hoc link is on the right side of the main page.
Proper registration includes logging onto the system and verifying your personal information, contact information, work e-mail address and home and work addresses.
For questions or if you need registration assistance, contact Don Evans at Ext. 4769 or the ANAD EOC at Ext. 4500.
All employees of Anniston Army Depot should tune into local news outlets or other means of gathering information in the event of an emergency on the installation.
Throughout the year, one of the most likely threats to the installation comes in the form of inclement weather.
Inclement weather conditions could warrant a change in the depot's operational status. In the event of hazardous weather conditions, tune in to local area media for changes.
WCKA -- AM 810, 94.3 and 97.1 FM; WDNG -- AM 1450; WGRW -- 90.7 FM; WTDR -- 92.7; and WVOK -- 97.9 FM.
WBMA -- ABC 33/40, WBRC -- Fox 6, WVTM -- NBC 13 and WIAT -- CBS 42.
The Anniston Star will post information on their website at www.annistonstar.com.
For additional inclement weather information:
• Visit the Inclement Weather web page on the ANAD homepage under Depot Status.
• Check the ANAD Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AnnistonArmyDepot.
• Call the SNOW line at 256-235-SNOW (7669).
• Contact your supervisor.