Honorable Victor V. Veysey (March 1975 - January 1977)
By U.S. ArmyOctober 30, 2017
Mr. Victor V. Veysey served as the first Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works) (ASA (CW)) from March 1975 to January 1977. As the first ASA (CW), he set the standard for civilian oversight of the Corps during a very challenging period. Water and power projects were getting larger and, to help finance these projects and give local citizens more input into the Corps' projects, he identified cost sharing with local governments as an important issue. The environmental movement also matured and began influencing many Army decisions. He also played a major role in the negotiations that ultimately lead to the Panama Canal Treaty.
Prior to this position, Mr. Veysey was a Congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1971 to 1975, representing the 38th and 43rd Districts of California.
Also under the purview of Mr. Veysey, were policy matters concerning the Army Corps of Engineers' regulatory authority with respect to construction work impacting "waters of the United States." Currently, Mr. Veysey is the Director of the Industrial Relations Center and Lecturer in Business Economics, Institute of Technology, State of California.
Mr. Veysey died on February 13, 2001.
- June 25, 2019USACE South Pacific Division kicks off Command Week
- June 24, 2019Teaming up to 'bee' good neighbors: German-American project helps protect environment
- June 20, 2019eFP Battle Group Poland participates in local Polish-led MMA training project
- June 19, 2019Finance Corps celebrates 244 years
- June 18, 2019Norfolk District awards 20.3 million contract for Sandbridge Beach storm protection
- June 18, 2019Army Corps fighting off underwater invasion
- June 17, 2019I Corps celebrates Army's 244th birthday
- June 14, 2019The Corps and the Community
- June 14, 2019Army's Vaccine Distribution Team Earns Innovation Award for Novel Supply Chain Management Project
- June 13, 2019$59 million reception complex barracks project underway
- June 13, 2019RIA Self-Guided Tour: XM70E2 Experimental 115 MM Revolving Rocket Launcher
- June 13, 2019Road, rail project to close Roosevelt
- June 11, 2019M8E1 CBPS project is great success for PBA
- June 7, 2019USACE and Harris County Flood Control District execute Clear Creek Section 1043 Project Partnership
- June 6, 2019Ensuring Readiness for Strategic Support: Strategic Power Projection
- May 28, 2019Army project develops agile scouting robots