Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas kicks off at USAG Yongsan
By Pfc. Kim, Hee-cheolOctober 26, 2017
U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan leadership including Garrison Commander Col. J. Scott Peterson kicked off the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O) Oct. 13, at the Main Post Exchange food court with Peterson filling out the first pledge form of the year for Area II.
The CFC-O, which runs from Oct. 16 through Dec. 15, 2017, is an annual workplace giving tradition under the theme "Show Some Love." The only authorized solicitation of federal employees in their workplaces, CFC-O is one of the largest workplace giving campaigns in the world. The CFC-O supports uniformed service members and civilian employees who are passionate about supporting disaster relief, veteran services, animal rights or cancer research through providing a list of thousands of vetted charities. The CFC has raised more than $8.2 million in donations since its start in 1961.
This year in particular, the CFC charities support recovery for those impacted by recent disasters; Hurricane Harvey destroyed 80,000 homes with catastrophic flooding, Hurricane Irma forced 10,300 people to leave their homes, the earthquake in Mexico took 300 lives, and Hurricane Maria caused widespread power outages and unprecedented damage in Puerto Rico. CFC donations will be used for sustaining relief efforts providing essentials such as light for those who have no access to electricity, shelters to protect people from wind and rain, clean water and medical supplies, as well as establishing long-term programs for rebuilding. Visit the CFC-O website http://cfcoverseas.org/ for more information.
- July 2, 2020MICC unit prepares mission partners for hurricane season
- July 1, 2020Rabies: Important facts and information
- June 25, 2020Fort Leavenworth MEDDAC welcomes new commander
- June 25, 2020Fort Leavenworth soldiers help promote Army Hiring Days
- June 25, 2020Fort Leavenworth school district staff, board members praised at meeting
- June 24, 2020National Guard ready for hurricane season
- June 23, 2020NO FEAR ACT
- June 23, 2020CGSOC ceremonies presented online
- June 17, 2020Pandemic won't slow Soldier training for overseas deployment
- June 15, 2020North Carolina National Guard prepares for hurricanes
- June 15, 2020Eighth Army G1 officer named CFC-Overseas ‘hero’
- June 12, 2020Winds, rain of hurricane season can create hostile havoc
- June 10, 2020Army Historians document actionable history during COVID-19 Operations
- June 10, 2020Special CFC solicitation aims to help COVID-19 relief efforts
- June 8, 2020Specialized Illinois Guard unit deploys for overseas mission