A MESSAGE FROM THE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE ARMY: ENERGY ACTION MONTH
By Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. DaileyOctober 12, 2017
PENTAGON - October is Energy Action Month. This year, the focus is on Energy Resilience, which enables Army Readiness.
Energy is key to the Army's mission. Energy resilience is our ability to anticipate, prepare for, and adapt to changing conditions and withstand, respond to, and recover rapidly from disruptions.
I am pleased we have many initiatives and projects to promote Energy Security and Resilience across our installations. One example is the U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii 50 mega-watt generation plant that will provide power to three installations if a disruption occurs. I applaud those of you who are stepping up to lead the way!
I ask everyone to take an active role in improving Energy Resilience, reducing energy consumption, and seeking energy project and conservation opportunities. If you have any suggestions, please let your leadership know.
Thank you for supporting Energy Action Month.
- December 6, 2018ORISE program assists installation environmental staff
- December 6, 2018Kiowa Soldier remembered during National Native American Heritage Month
- December 4, 2018Fort Knox Installation Ammunition Amnesty Day date has changed
- December 4, 2018Soldiers repair flood damage across Kuwait
- December 3, 2018National drunk and drugged driving prevention month
- December 3, 2018Channeling grief into resiliency
- November 29, 2018Native American Warrior culture influences support for serving in the Armed Forces
- November 27, 2018Celebrating National American Indian Heritage Month
- November 20, 2018Biggest Loser program builds fitness, resiliency
- November 16, 2018Recognizing the early voices of our nation
- November 16, 2018Fort Drum community observes Native American Heritage Month
- November 8, 2018Fort Knox community celebrates National American Indian Heritage Month
- November 7, 2018Lt. Gen. Gwen Bingham discusses year-round energy resilience
- October 29, 2018Garrison pushing efforts to reduce utility bill
- October 29, 2018Energy Action Month: Try to avoid using portable heating and cooling devices
- October 24, 2018Congressional, Army leaders praise success of Fort Knox energy resiliency