A MESSAGE FROM THE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE ARMY: ENERGY ACTION MONTH
By Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. DaileyOctober 12, 2017
PENTAGON - October is Energy Action Month. This year, the focus is on Energy Resilience, which enables Army Readiness.
Energy is key to the Army's mission. Energy resilience is our ability to anticipate, prepare for, and adapt to changing conditions and withstand, respond to, and recover rapidly from disruptions.
I am pleased we have many initiatives and projects to promote Energy Security and Resilience across our installations. One example is the U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii 50 mega-watt generation plant that will provide power to three installations if a disruption occurs. I applaud those of you who are stepping up to lead the way!
I ask everyone to take an active role in improving Energy Resilience, reducing energy consumption, and seeking energy project and conservation opportunities. If you have any suggestions, please let your leadership know.
Thank you for supporting Energy Action Month.
- October 17, 2019Community feedback helps installation address housing issues
- October 17, 2019Depot maintains energy efficient priority
- October 10, 2019Bavaria ACS spotlights resilient and ready spouse ahead of empowerment series
- October 9, 2019Fort Drum Public Works showcases strength of in-house workforce with major culvert replacement
- October 9, 20192019 National Hispanic Heritage Month
- October 8, 2019JBLM energy monitors save power, taxpayer dollars
- October 7, 2019Energy Action Month - Energy Resilience Enables Army Readiness
- October 4, 2019Army installations epicenter of strategic readiness
- October 4, 2019Post takes stand against Domestic Violence
- October 2, 2019Military shoppers can light up savings during Energy Action Month with the Exchange
- October 1, 2019Fort Knox officials say disability awareness means being aware of issues, possibilities
- October 1, 2019Fort Knox conducting Oct. 23 test of Energy Security system
- October 1, 2019MICC contracts underpin Army readiness efforts
- September 27, 2019JMC employees maximize output through resiliency programs
- September 27, 2019Help support Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, every month
- September 24, 2019Photo Essay: Fort McCoy observes 2019 Hispanic Heritage Month