A MESSAGE FROM THE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE ARMY: ENERGY ACTION MONTH
By Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. DaileyOctober 12, 2017
PENTAGON - October is Energy Action Month. This year, the focus is on Energy Resilience, which enables Army Readiness.Energy is key to the Army's mission. Energy resilience is our ability to anticipate, prepare for, and adapt to changing conditions and withstand, respond to, and recover rapidly from disruptions.
I am pleased we have many initiatives and projects to promote Energy Security and Resilience across our installations. One example is the U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii 50 mega-watt generation plant that will provide power to three installations if a disruption occurs. I applaud those of you who are stepping up to lead the way!I ask everyone to take an active role in improving Energy Resilience, reducing energy consumption, and seeking energy project and conservation opportunities. If you have any suggestions, please let your leadership know.Thank you for supporting Energy Action Month.
- October 30, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Medical Readiness
- June 3, 2020Two Army Installations selected for 5G testing and experimentation
- March 24, 2020U.S. Army raises health protection across all installations
- February 6, 2020Army Secretary Ryan D. McCarthy, other service secretaries, meet with housing executives
- September 12, 2019U.S. Army releases DAIG report on privatized housing
- September 12, 2019Military leaders meet with privatized housing company executives
- September 12, 2019Army leadership meets with privatized housing partner CEOs
- September 12, 2019US Army reaches $1 billion milestone
- September 12, 2019Army Medical Command Releases First Ever Health Of The Force Report
- September 12, 2019DOI, USDA, EPA, NOAA and USACE announce additional Resilient Lands and Waters Initiative sites to pr