A MESSAGE FROM THE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE ARMY: ENERGY ACTION MONTH
By Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. DaileyOctober 12, 2017
PENTAGON - October is Energy Action Month. This year, the focus is on Energy Resilience, which enables Army Readiness.
Energy is key to the Army's mission. Energy resilience is our ability to anticipate, prepare for, and adapt to changing conditions and withstand, respond to, and recover rapidly from disruptions.
I am pleased we have many initiatives and projects to promote Energy Security and Resilience across our installations. One example is the U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii 50 mega-watt generation plant that will provide power to three installations if a disruption occurs. I applaud those of you who are stepping up to lead the way!
I ask everyone to take an active role in improving Energy Resilience, reducing energy consumption, and seeking energy project and conservation opportunities. If you have any suggestions, please let your leadership know.
Thank you for supporting Energy Action Month.
- May 22, 2018Resilience: a family's journey through suffering and comeback
- May 22, 2018Col. Varney relinquishes command at U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria, largest OCONUS Army installation
- May 22, 2018Team APG supports Clean Commute Month
- May 21, 20187218th MSU transfers authority to 7251st MSU at Fort Bliss
- May 21, 2018Corvias solar panels brighten future of energy consumption at Fort Riley
- May 18, 2018Fort Drum community celebrates Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- May 18, 2018Takin' it to the streets: Tips for Motorcycle Safety Month
- May 16, 2018Natick observes Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- May 14, 2018Military caregiver survey launches at four Army installations
- May 11, 2018Army Nursing: Resilience is key
- May 11, 2018Resiliency trainers engage with Team Redstone
- May 11, 2018Program focuses on DS resiliency
- May 11, 2018Live for a living with Mediterranean diet month
- May 11, 2018Army moms set a graceful example of resiliency and service as Soldiers and spouses
- May 4, 2018Benelux community celebrates military with Colorful Run
- May 3, 2018Fort Rucker celebrates Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month