A MESSAGE FROM THE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE ARMY: ENERGY ACTION MONTH
By Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. DaileyOctober 12, 2017
PENTAGON - October is Energy Action Month. This year, the focus is on Energy Resilience, which enables Army Readiness.
Energy is key to the Army's mission. Energy resilience is our ability to anticipate, prepare for, and adapt to changing conditions and withstand, respond to, and recover rapidly from disruptions.
I am pleased we have many initiatives and projects to promote Energy Security and Resilience across our installations. One example is the U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii 50 mega-watt generation plant that will provide power to three installations if a disruption occurs. I applaud those of you who are stepping up to lead the way!
I ask everyone to take an active role in improving Energy Resilience, reducing energy consumption, and seeking energy project and conservation opportunities. If you have any suggestions, please let your leadership know.
Thank you for supporting Energy Action Month.
- November 20, 2018Biggest Loser program builds fitness, resiliency
- November 16, 2018Recognizing the early voices of our nation
- November 16, 2018Fort Drum community observes Native American Heritage Month
- November 14, 2018The Installation of the Future: Fort Buchanan Sets Its Sights on Long-Term Planning
- November 13, 2018First children's museum on a military installation to open on JBLM
- November 8, 2018Fort Knox community celebrates National American Indian Heritage Month
- November 7, 2018Lt. Gen. Gwen Bingham discusses year-round energy resilience
- October 31, 2018Fort Hood's hybrid renewable energy project wins award
- October 29, 2018Garrison pushing efforts to reduce utility bill
- October 29, 2018Energy Action Month: Try to avoid using portable heating and cooling devices
- October 25, 2018Bright lights, energy savings - DPW efforts contribute to resilience
- October 24, 2018Congressional, Army leaders praise success of Fort Knox energy resiliency
- October 22, 2018The U.S. Army's pivot to energy and water resilience
- October 12, 2018Post highlights energy-saving projects throughout October
- October 12, 2018Energy Action Month: Stop the waste!
- October 5, 2018October is Energy Action Month