A MESSAGE FROM THE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE ARMY: ENERGY ACTION MONTH
By Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. DaileyOctober 12, 2017
PENTAGON - October is Energy Action Month. This year, the focus is on Energy Resilience, which enables Army Readiness.
Energy is key to the Army's mission. Energy resilience is our ability to anticipate, prepare for, and adapt to changing conditions and withstand, respond to, and recover rapidly from disruptions.
I am pleased we have many initiatives and projects to promote Energy Security and Resilience across our installations. One example is the U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii 50 mega-watt generation plant that will provide power to three installations if a disruption occurs. I applaud those of you who are stepping up to lead the way!
I ask everyone to take an active role in improving Energy Resilience, reducing energy consumption, and seeking energy project and conservation opportunities. If you have any suggestions, please let your leadership know.
Thank you for supporting Energy Action Month.
- July 13, 2018IMCOM grant helps Fort McCoy CYS teach teens resilience
- July 12, 2018Installation to celebrate 100 years of warrant officers
- July 11, 2018Cloud accepts command of USAG Wiesbaden
- July 10, 2018Helton visits 16th CAB Raptor Resilliency Center
- July 10, 2018Training fosters resiliency across 4th CAB
- July 10, 2018JBSA-Fort Sam Houston celebrates LGBT Pride Month
- July 10, 2018NCO Academy students enjoy Fort McCoy training environment
- July 8, 2018Protected Bird Species
- July 3, 2018Chat and Chew kicks off Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
- June 28, 2018Fort Stewart learns from power outage
- June 27, 20183rd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division goes to the National Training Center
- June 26, 2018U.S. Army Installation Management Command welcomes two new SES leaders
- June 26, 2018Fort Drum community celebrates LGBT Pride Month
- June 26, 2018Growing talent in tactical sustainment leaders
- June 25, 2018PRIDE IN THE ARMY: 21st Signal commander talks career, life during LGBT Pride Month event
- June 22, 2018Army engineer: Microgrids are the future of U.S. energy security