A MESSAGE FROM THE SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE ARMY: ENERGY ACTION MONTH
By Sergeant Major of the Army Daniel A. DaileyOctober 12, 2017
PENTAGON - October is Energy Action Month. This year, the focus is on Energy Resilience, which enables Army Readiness.
Energy is key to the Army's mission. Energy resilience is our ability to anticipate, prepare for, and adapt to changing conditions and withstand, respond to, and recover rapidly from disruptions.
I am pleased we have many initiatives and projects to promote Energy Security and Resilience across our installations. One example is the U.S. Army Garrison Hawaii 50 mega-watt generation plant that will provide power to three installations if a disruption occurs. I applaud those of you who are stepping up to lead the way!
I ask everyone to take an active role in improving Energy Resilience, reducing energy consumption, and seeking energy project and conservation opportunities. If you have any suggestions, please let your leadership know.
Thank you for supporting Energy Action Month.
- September 14, 2018Soldiers swing into action as Hurricane Florence makes landfall
- September 14, 2018SDDC hosts National Preparedness Month awareness fair
- September 13, 20182018 Energy Action Month Senior Leader Message
- September 9, 2018Rafting for resilience
- September 7, 2018September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month
- September 6, 2018Champions see SACP in action
- September 5, 2018CCAD awarded for energy conservation excellence
- September 5, 201863rd Readiness Division Energy Manager Honored for Service
- September 4, 2018September is suicide prevention and awareness month
- August 31, 2018September is National Preparedness Month
- August 31, 2018The Kuwait Energy Efficiency Project
- August 24, 2018Deputy Assistant Secretaries Participate in Tri-Service Roundtable
- August 24, 2018Acting Assistant Secretary of the Army Helps Close-out Energy Exchange 2018
- August 24, 201810k grant assists with ready, resilient partnership