U.S. Army Expeditionary Contracting Command to case colors
By ACC Public AffairsSeptember 21, 2017
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. - The U.S. Army Expeditionary Contracting Command is being discontinued Oct. 1, 2017. The command will cease operations and formally case its colors during a ceremony Oct. 19.ECC, a subordinate of U.S. Army Materiel Command's U.S. Army Contracting Command, is being discontinued as a force structure measure approved by the Army's Command Implementation Plan. The merger creates a single, more efficient headquarters to accomplish ACC's missions and overseas contracting operations.The new organization will enhance ACC's ability to organize, train and equip its forces and strengthen overseas contracting operations, said Maj. Gen. James E. Simpson, ACC commander."The Army and Army Contracting Command will gain increased efficiency," Simpson said. "We will have a unified and more effective staff. ACC's contracting support brigades will have a simplified chain of command and this merger will strengthen contracting operations."ECC Commander Brig. Gen. Paul Pardew will become the ACC deputy commanding general for operations outside the continental United States. In that position, Pardew will be responsible for planning and executing ACC contracting support to Army Service Component Commands in support of Army and joint operations.The unit's discontinuation will not result in any physical personnel moves, and will have no effect on the two headquarters staffs. They were physically and operationally merged in October 2014 in response to the Army's directed headquarters staff reductions to gain efficiency across the force.ACC enables Army readiness through contracting solutions in support of the Army and unified land operations anytime, anywhere. ACC provides the Army with worldwide support by purchasing equipment, supplies and services vital to the warfighter's mission and well-being.
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020419th CSB cases colors for deployment
- May 26, 2020925th CBN assumes regional contracting center command
- May 21, 2020Update: Contracting outreach seeks to expand small business pool
- May 19, 2020904th CBN conducts virtual validation exercise
- May 18, 2020Benning, Lee partnership provides Soldier readiness support
- May 16, 2020USACE helps Montana, FEMA prepare for COVID-19 future
- May 14, 2020Army Contracting Command names Fort Riley Soldier best warrior
- May 12, 2020Contract approach to Fort Meade base operations boosts competition
- May 11, 2020Holston Expands Environmental Efforts
- May 8, 2020Old contracting tool leads to new successes in Kuwait