The American Red Cross giving Soldiers a stress free stay
By Sgt. 1st Class Charles HighlandAugust 10, 2017
CAMP ARIFJAN, KUWAIT -- The American Red Cross does so much for those in need and that is why they are here for the U.S. and Coalition troops in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
Residents of Camp Arifjan call it the Hide Away Oasis, but to be honest, they want you to come out of the shadows and enjoy it. The Red Cross operates in the resiliency center here in zone 1 as a place for the tired or stressed to sit back and relax.
"The building has been newly refurbished for people to come and escape, relax and kick off their shoes here in Kuwait," said Kenneth Romero, manager for the Service to the Armed Forces Regional Program.
The Hide Away features two quiet areas, one for the arm chair style reader and the other is a pillow filled zen room. The zen room is where users can relax in peace and tranquility. For those into music or movies, the Red Cross has not forgotten about you. A wide arrange of DVDs are available to enjoy in either a private seating area, movie theater or public room featuring Wi-Fi for those with lap tops to take advantage of. If you are a music lover, bring your guitar and practice among friends. Art therapy is one of the many classes that can be enjoyed to help service members forget the worries of the day.
"I love hearing people say "I didn't know the Red Cross did this" and I just hope people come, relax and forget where they are for a moment," said Romero.
Romero says they rely heavily on volunteers from the Camp Arifjan community to help run the center. Those who would like to volunteer can go to the American Red Cross Resiliency Center in zone 1 every Wednesday night at 8 p.m.
- August 13, 2020The 42nd Infantry Division and 103 Years of Service
- August 5, 2020Spartan Doctors Continue to Fight Against COVID-19
- August 5, 2020MP’s Deployed to KSA Certify to Enforce the Law
- July 31, 2020Construction reaches new heights on Red River of the North project
- July 30, 2020Fort Campbell firefighters develop green thumb, grow station garden
- July 30, 2020Escape rooms test leadership, communication skills
- July 29, 2020Drawing on support — Garrison leaders donate blood at American Red Cross event
- July 24, 2020Advisory board provides Fort Campbell housing residents forum for improved communication
- July 23, 2020“Earning Your Expert Soldier Badge Starts at Your Unit”
- July 14, 2020Army looks to better attract gaming industry for training simulations
- July 9, 2020Task force boosts spirits with mail during pandemic
- July 9, 2020Blood donor restrictions relax, thousands now eligible to save lives
- July 7, 2020Class 27-09 Graduates eBLC