Army Reserve maintenance shop wins 'Best of the Best'
By Mr. Russell Toof (99th RSC)August 9, 2017
LOCK HAVEN, PA. -- Area Maintenance Support Activity 112, a small U.S. Army Reserve maintenance shop here, was awarded the fiscal year 2016 Chief of Staff, Army Award for Maintenance Excellence (TDA category) and the Chief of Ordnance's "Best of the Best.""Congratulations on everything you've done. This is pretty outstanding what you've accomplished as a team," said Mr. Gene Scholler during an award ceremony Aug. 8. Scholler is the director of logistics for the U.S. Army Reserve's 99th Regional Support Command, to which the AMSA belongs to."Everything looked so perfect doing the inspection, they thought this place was staged. It was almost like you had the answers to the test," he added.The Chief of Staff, AAME program is conducted each year to recognize Army units and/or activities that have demonstrated excellence in maintenance operations. Each unit is evaluated on their effectiveness ensuring that Soldier competency is maintained. Assessments of each unit in the categories of attitude and effective leadership are rated with a benchmark based on those of past winners, and the tenets of exceptional maintenance processes that were exhibited are validated and ranked."We participate every year and we finally won," said Brian Shook, work supervisor for the AMSA. "The shop is clean, the shop is neat and everyone learns from it."AMSA 112's mission is to maintain readiness by providing field-level maintenance support to six assigned Army Reserve units within its region, provide training to unit personnel and prepare equipment for mobilization."Your work and efforts have not gone unnoticed and that's why my team and I are here today," said Scholler.
- October 19, 2020New terminal scanner screens temperatures to improve safety
- October 19, 2020Army recruiters help WWII Veteran fulfill lifelong dream
- October 16, 2020Historic V Corps activates at Fort Knox on ‘picture perfect’ day
- October 19, 2020Army to research additive manufacturing with University of Maryland
- October 16, 2020Senior leaders discuss housing reform, quality of life initiatives
- October 16, 2020Medical research director: Army ‘uniquely poised’ to battle global pandemic
- October 16, 2020Human testing for Army Medicine-led coronavirus vaccines in sight
- October 18, 2020Army National Guard continues vital national security role
- October 15, 2020Army leaders: Taking care of people will help take care of the force
- October 15, 2020SMA talks ‘This is My Squad’ with company-level leaders
- October 15, 2020Esper discusses new technologies designed to give warfighters the advantage
- October 15, 2020Army 3D printed holography device rapidly detects, characterizes aerosols
- October 14, 2020Leaders credit national framework for effective COVID-19 response