PEO Aviation product manager's value engineering proposal saves $36 million, earns DoD recognition
By Mr. Paul J Stevenson (PEO Aviation)August 1, 2017
A product manager with Program Executive Office, Aviation has been recognized by the Department of Defense for efforts to help the Army save millions of dollars.Alivio Mangieri, a branch chief in the Air Traffic Control product office, received a Value Engineering award at the Pentagon July 18 for developing a proposal to use government-owned software instead of an obsolete commercial derivative.
His value engineering proposal, Improve the Tactical Airspace Integration System, Air Defense System Integrator Software, implemented in September 2016, received the DoD VE award under the "Special" category. The proposal has a verified cost savings of $36.9 million over a six year period.Mangieri, who has been working with PM Aviation Systems since 2007, credits the efforts of the entire ATC product office in achieving the award."This is a team recognition award," Mangieri said. "The reward was a result of a dedicated and hardworking team at product office ATC."Mangieri is no stranger to the Value Engineering program. He successfully executed several VE initiatives while a member of Aviation Ground Support Equipment product office prior to moving to the ATC office. So even as he changed product offices he continued his value engineering efforts, reinvigorating the program within the ATC.Having served more than 13 years of federal service, Mangieri says what he likes about the job is everything he and his fellow workers accomplish ultimately helps the Soldier."I want to be all I can be for the Army," said Mangieri. "Everybody at PM Aviation Systems shares the same vision, and is dedicated to supporting our warfighters in the field."The VE awards are presented annually by the DoD Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics. The VE program is intended to improve products, systems and processes, with a focus on reduced cost, increased reliability and resolution of identified issues.
- December 8, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | U.S. Army Europe and Africa Consolidation
- August 24, 2020Army finds Pebble Mine project cannot be permitted as proposed
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 101st Airborne Division Combat Aviation Brigade, unit rotation
- April 23, 2020Army announces upcoming 4th Infantry Division Combat Aviation Brigade, unit rotation
- January 31, 2020Army announces new Aviation Incentive Pay rates
- October 28, 2019U.S. Army proposes innovative solution for historic housing
- September 25, 2019Army announces proposed changes to eligibility criteria for burial at Arlington National Cemetery
- September 12, 2019Army announces upcoming 3rd Infantry Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Army announces upcoming 10th Mountain Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 1st Armored Division Combat Aviation Brigade unit rotation
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming 4th Combat Aviation Brigade, 4th ID deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 3rd Infantry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 1st Cavalry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces 16th Combat Aviation Brigade, 7th Infantry Division deployment
- September 12, 2019Department of the Army announces upcoming deployments of aviation units
- September 12, 2019U.S. Army releases DCGS-A Increment 2 'request for proposals'