USAICoE recognizes two AIT Honor Graduates
By Randall BaucomAugust 14, 2017
FORT HUACHUCA, Arizona -- The U.S. Army Intelligence Center of Excellence recognized two Honor Graduates during an Advanced Individual Training (AIT) graduation ceremony held July 6 here.
Pvt. 1st Class Chip McCartney and Spc. Yvonne Lamont were singled out by their leadership for their outstanding performance during their training to become 35G Geospatial Imagery Analysts.The Geospatial Intelligence Imagery Analyst Course is just under six months long and is divided into multiple phases. Each phase builds in complexity as Soldiers learn the basics of tactical identification, learn critical thinking, work with complicated imagery, and start to develop briefings and learn what tactical information has value to the commander. The course culminates with a week-long simulated combat exercise where they practice all of the techniques and instruction they received throughout the course. Upon successful completion of the course the Soldiers can qualify for 34 credit hours from Cochise College which make up the bulk of the credits needed to obtain an Associate's Degree in intelligence analysis.McCartney, a California Army National Guardsman, credits his Family and his classmates for his success in the course.
"I joined the Guard to better provide for my Family; they and my fellow classmates really motivated me to excel," McCartney said.Lamont, an active-duty Soldier headed to Fort Gordon, Georgia, for her follow-on assignment, credits her instructors' motivation for her success.
"The instructors here have lots of experience and were able to explain the practical aspects of what we were learning and how to apply it in our future assignments," Lamont said.At the end of the ceremony Cpt. Alexander Dowds, Alpha Company, 305th Military Intelligence Battlion, awarded each of the Honor Graduates the Army Achievement Medal for their efforts.Both Soldiers will be departing Fort Huachuca ready to begin their careers as military intelligence professionals.
- May 31, 2020A virtual Memorial Day chapel service with Chaplain (Maj.) David Hicks
- May 25, 2020Memorial Day observed with virtual ceremony
- May 24, 2020A virtual Memorial Day chapel service with Chaplain (Maj.) Yan Xiong
- May 23, 2020MWR highlights more Phase 1 openings
- May 22, 2020INSCOM honors fallen heroes with virtual Memorial Day ceremony
- May 22, 2020‘Making MET work:’ USAISEC enables critical DOD satellite terminal upgrades
- May 22, 2020MWR highlights Phase 1 open establishments
- May 18, 2020Covid-19 Update
- May 18, 2020NETCOM NCO Stays Physically Fit and Connected During COVID-19
- May 18, 2020NETCOM CHIEF OF STAFF RETIRES
- May 17, 2020A virtual chapel service with Chaplain (Capt.) Leo Theoret
- May 15, 2020Tips about how to protect yourself and family during the COVID-19 situation
- May 14, 202013F Soldiers on target to complete AIT lessons
- May 10, 2020A virtual Mother’s Day chapel service with Chaplain (Capt.) John Han
- May 2, 2020Soldiers arrive at Fort Huachuca for training
- May 1, 2020Soldiers arrive at Huachuca for AIT