Pet Expo brings pets and owners together
By Cpl. Park, Min-jeJune 16, 2017
USAG YONGSAN - The 2nd Annual 2017 U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan Family & MWR Pet Expo took place June 3 at the Community Dog Playground, Yongsan Pet Care Center. More than 200 community members brought their pets to the event.
Several vendors came out to provide pet-related information to pet owners. Pets enjoyed water sports at the pet swimming pool. Some pet owners dressed up their pets in attractive pet attire to compete in the pet costume contest. There was a pet talent show for pet owners to show off their pet's ability to perform tricks. Pets interacted with their owners, jumping and running around.
"My dog, Coco, was last year's champion [of pet talent show]. We practiced a lot for the show, and I'm sure we will win," said Sun Oben, a participant of the pet talent show.
According to Gina Nam, project manager for the Pet Care Center, the Pet Expo is the only event for pets held at USAG Yongsan.
The expo is primarily a festival for pets and an opportunity for pet owners to obtain ideas on how to train their pets, Nam said. She and her colleagues aim to disseminate accurate pet-related information to pet owners.
The Yongsan Pet Care Center provides various services for pet owners. For more information, please call 723-3291.
- January 22, 2021Message from the Under Secretary of the Army
- January 21, 2021Army family: New Mexico woman joins husband, son in National Guard
- January 21, 2021Brothers in arms serving at US Capitol
- January 19, 2021Scenarios, vignettes aid 3rd Chemical Brigade SHARP program
- January 21, 2021Just scrolling through: Army urges responsible social media usage
- January 20, 2021Acting Secretary of the Army initial message to the force
- January 20, 2021Army chief of staff discusses Arctic strategy, Indo-Pacific presence
- January 20, 2021Get to know the COVID-19 vaccine
- January 20, 2021Researchers advance detection method for explosives
- January 20, 2021Farewell message from the Secretary of the Army
- January 19, 2021Army undersecretary to leave post, reflects on career
- January 12, 2021Tuskegee Airman loses battle to COVID-19
- January 19, 2021New app simplifies housing repair requests
- January 19, 2021AMCOM develops Data and Analytics Center of Excellence
- January 19, 2021SMA praises National Guard’s work ahead of inauguration
- January 17, 2021Guard judge advocates brief Soldiers and Airmen in DC
- January 14, 2021Army project monitoring eagles wins conservation recognition
- January 17, 2021National Guard troops head to DC from as far away as Guam
- January 15, 2021Army leaders talk ethical leadership
- January 12, 2021Utah National Guard supporting long-term care facilities
- January 14, 2021Speaker recalls life and legacy of Dr. King as it relates to his own family’s experience
- January 14, 2021More National Guard troops head to DC for inaugural support