Camp Zama's community members celebrate the 242 Army Birthday with community BBQ
By Noriko Kudo, U.S. Army Garrison Japan Public AffairsJune 16, 2017
CAMP ZAMA, Japan (June. 16, 2017) -- Camp Zama Soldiers, Family Members, Civilians and other community members celebrated with a community BBQ on Yano Field as part of the 242 Army Birthday Week.
Col. Stephen Grabski, deputy commander of U.S. Army Japan, said the Army week is a chance to show Army pride.
The event included music performances, a Taiko Drum performance by Japan Ground Self-Defense Force members, barbecue grilled food, and a cake-cutting ceremony.
"I think everybody is having a good time," said Command Sgt. Maj. Willard Holland, command sergeant major of U.S. Army Garrison Japan.
Holland said the Amy week is about giving the Soldiers an opportunity to take a knee, enjoying each other's company, getting out for different events to celebrate.
- August 1, 2018Happy birthday, Coast Guard
- July 31, 2018Japanese volunteers crucial to Camp Zama's 'Bon Odori' annual festival
- July 31, 2018Kandahar Airfield celebrates warrant officer 100th birthday
- July 30, 2018'Big Red One,' Fort Riley to celebrate Victory Week 2018
- July 27, 2018Typhoon preparation: U.S. Army Garrison Japan focuses on readiness, resiliency
- July 25, 2018USMA Photo of the Week: Walking the Line
- July 25, 2018Special week fortifies U.S.-ROK bond
- July 23, 2018Soldiers in Okinawa Japan Help Local resident after House Fire
- July 19, 2018Patient celebrates his 101st birthday with Tripler Army Medical Center
- July 17, 2018WOCC celebrates 100th birthday of Warrant Officer Cohort
- July 12, 2018Summer Hire Program a 'win-win' for USAG Japan teens, work centers
- July 12, 2018USAG Japan command sergeant major relinquishes responsibility, bids farewell to community
- July 11, 2018Warrant Officers at Camp Humphreys Celebrates 100th Birthday
- July 10, 2018Japan honors the fallen
- July 10, 2018PRNG celebrates Warrant Officer Corps 100th birthday
- July 9, 2018America's First Corps Run, celebrates Army's 243rd Birthday Aerial photos