Camp Zama's community members celebrate the 242 Army Birthday with community BBQ
By Noriko Kudo, U.S. Army Garrison Japan Public AffairsJune 16, 2017
CAMP ZAMA, Japan (June. 16, 2017) -- Camp Zama Soldiers, Family Members, Civilians and other community members celebrated with a community BBQ on Yano Field as part of the 242 Army Birthday Week.
Col. Stephen Grabski, deputy commander of U.S. Army Japan, said the Army week is a chance to show Army pride.
The event included music performances, a Taiko Drum performance by Japan Ground Self-Defense Force members, barbecue grilled food, and a cake-cutting ceremony.
"I think everybody is having a good time," said Command Sgt. Maj. Willard Holland, command sergeant major of U.S. Army Garrison Japan.
Holland said the Amy week is about giving the Soldiers an opportunity to take a knee, enjoying each other's company, getting out for different events to celebrate.
- February 13, 2019Children's Dental Health Month: Healthy Smiles on Camp Humphreys
- February 13, 2019Notes from the Garrison
- February 12, 2019Cobra Gold 19: Opening Ceremony
- February 8, 2019Camp Zama bowls to 'Strike Out Teen Dating Violence'
- February 6, 2019Youth Cooking Club members at Camp Zama make pizza from scratch, gain tasty life lesson
- February 4, 2019Camp Zama celebrates Super Bowl LIII
- February 4, 2019PHCE Veterinarian selected for All-Army Volleyball Trial Camp
- January 23, 2019BAACH leadership initiates communication about transition to Camp Humphreys
- January 18, 2019Keeping Camp Bondsteel up and running
- January 17, 2019Camp Zama boosting earthquake preparedness with Jan 23 'Shake Out Drill'