Falcon SEN17ORS close out school year
By Jessie GardnerJune 6, 2017
"As a military brat myself, I know the importance of creating meaningful memories being so far away from home," said Senior Class sponsor June Wilkins. "Each year, it is important we make sure those memories happen for the kids."
The ceremony is sure to be a momentous occasion for everyone involved, including families. "Graduation symbolizes growing up and leaving the nest," said Senior Class treasurer Jennifer Mitchell.
Emotions will be high, as class members will separate from one another to attend various schools or begin careers. "We are moving on from the consistency of middle and high school, into what lies in front of us," said Senior Class president Amy Arnold. "The future is unpredictable. Graduation is the last thing we are sure of, making the moment even more emotional, memorable, and anticipated."
Walking across the stage and receiving a diploma is a monumental occasion in a young person's life. On the morning of June 10, the class of 2017 will take their diplomas, leave their high school careers behind, and embark into the future.
- September 28, 2020(On the other) end of the line:
On-call chaplains fight suicides
- September 28, 2020Ohio National Guard extends food bank support mission
- September 28, 2020Soldier Center’s new fabric will enhance cybersecurity, subzero weather durability
- September 28, 2020America's Pacific Division recognizes 163 Soldiers as experts
- September 25, 2020Army to build on results from first Project Convergence exercise
- September 25, 2020Leaders seek feedback on how to improve inclusion in the Army
- September 25, 2020Veteran couple brews up successful business thanks to military skills
- September 28, 2020Army North's new senior enlisted advisor reflects on COVID-19 response
- September 24, 2020Army seeks funding to modernize ammo manufacturing capabilities
- September 24, 2020For Massachusetts Soldier, path to military service was a spiritual one
- September 21, 2020Emily’s Way: Gold Star Mother shares daughter’s inspiring story
- September 24, 2020Three simple steps can help save someone from brink of suicide
- September 23, 2020‘Warrior’ leaders safely deploy to Leadership Training Program