Multinational United Accord exercise kicks-off in Ghana
By Sgt. 1st Class Chris BridsonMay 24, 2017
"With U.S. Army Africa and with all countries represented here today, we recognize our obligation to help generate and support effective and sustainable peacekeeping capacities across all of Africa," said Air Vice Marshal Griffiths Evans, KAIPTC Commandant.
UA17 includes a sector headquarters level Command Post Exercise (CPX), a bi-lateral (Ghana and U.S) Field Training Exercise (FTX), and USARAF's regionally aligned force will attend the Ghanaian Jungle Warfare School. Participants' training will focus on the United Nations Multidimensional Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) and focusing on the East sector.
"I want to encourage you all to share your vast experiences with each other," said Brig. Gen. Fred Buliga, the Ghana Armed Forces Exercise Co-Director.
UA17 offers participants the opportunity to learn how to work together in diverse conditions. Participants gain a better understanding and knowledge of peacekeeping operations within the ECOWAS region. They are encouraged to take the lessons learned at UA17 back to their respective countries."Thanks to the hard work, professionalism and hospitality of our strategic partner, the Ghana Armed Forces, we now stand ready to successfully conduct the exercise together," said Hughes.
The CPX will be held at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Center with the FTX and JWS taking place at training areas outside of the Accra city limits.
- April 1, 2020TRUE GRIT: School staff exercises passion, perseverance, strength of character during crisis
- March 30, 2020Team provides combat support to Army Soldiers overseas
- March 23, 2020Michigan Guard civil support team leads to safer communities
- March 20, 202010th Mountain Division chefs continue tradition of culinary excellence at Fort Drum
- March 19, 2020Army scientist participates in NATO working group
- March 16, 2020Exercise Defender-Europe 20 update
- March 12, 20206th annual Bersama Warrior exercise underway in Malaysia
- March 12, 2020Culinary training exercise completes fifth day
- March 11, 2020Exercise highlights military medicine across Europe
- March 10, 2020U.S. Soldiers Participate in Annual Kyiv Games
- March 6, 2020Cobra Gold 20: The 39th iteration of Cobra Gold concludes with a combined arms-live fire exercise an
- March 6, 202092nd Engineer Battalion prepares for disaster response
- March 6, 2020R-and-D experts test ideas in frigid Arctic Eagle 2020 exercise
- March 5, 2020321st Sustainment Brigade supports African Lion 20
- February 24, 2020Oregon National Guard begins multinational exercise