Multinational United Accord exercise kicks-off in Ghana
By Sgt. 1st Class Chris BridsonMay 24, 2017
"With U.S. Army Africa and with all countries represented here today, we recognize our obligation to help generate and support effective and sustainable peacekeeping capacities across all of Africa," said Air Vice Marshal Griffiths Evans, KAIPTC Commandant.
UA17 includes a sector headquarters level Command Post Exercise (CPX), a bi-lateral (Ghana and U.S) Field Training Exercise (FTX), and USARAF's regionally aligned force will attend the Ghanaian Jungle Warfare School. Participants' training will focus on the United Nations Multidimensional Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) and focusing on the East sector.
"I want to encourage you all to share your vast experiences with each other," said Brig. Gen. Fred Buliga, the Ghana Armed Forces Exercise Co-Director.
UA17 offers participants the opportunity to learn how to work together in diverse conditions. Participants gain a better understanding and knowledge of peacekeeping operations within the ECOWAS region. They are encouraged to take the lessons learned at UA17 back to their respective countries."Thanks to the hard work, professionalism and hospitality of our strategic partner, the Ghana Armed Forces, we now stand ready to successfully conduct the exercise together," said Hughes.
The CPX will be held at the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Center with the FTX and JWS taking place at training areas outside of the Accra city limits.
- July 9, 2020Voters can exercise their rights while overseas
- July 8, 2020Kredo assumes duty as Red River’s 43rd commander
- July 8, 2020READY AND RESPONSIVE -- Fort Rucker emergency response forces exercise active-shooter scenario
- July 6, 2020Army adapts NCO education in response to pandemic
- June 27, 2020CJTF-HOA supports Djibouti’s fight against COVID-19
- June 25, 2020Northern Strike remains Guard’s premier joint fires exercise
- June 25, 2020FORSCOM Frontline
- June 23, 2020SDDC welcomes its 22nd commanding general
- June 22, 2020Polish, US joint exercise Allied Spirit successfully concludes in Poland
- June 17, 2020First Team, Two Continents
- June 16, 2020Flora assumes CJTF-HOA command, reflects on USARAF role
- June 10, 2020Peacekeepers Wish Happy Birthday to the Army
- June 10, 2020CJTF-HOA holds change of command ceremony
- June 9, 2020Boston University Student and Army Reserve Soldier participates in NYC COVID-19 response
- June 3, 2020W.Va. Guard holds exercise to prepare for simultaneous missions