Military friendly employers recognized during ESGR luncheon
By Mr. Russell ToofMay 11, 2017
HAMILTON, N.J. -- Brig. Gen. Jose R. Burgos, deputy commanding general for the U.S. Army Reserve's 99th Regional Support Command, was the keynote speaker for the 10th Annual Freedom Award Nominee and Pro Patria Awards luncheon, hosted by the New Jersey Committee of Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve."Hiring Soldiers is a win-win -- companies benefit by gaining the skills and experience of our reserve-component Soldiers, while the Army can improve the skill sets and overall readiness of its Soldiers, leaders and units" said Burgos. "The bottom line is that Soldiers make for more productive and effective employees."Representatives from all branches of the military and law enforcement attended the luncheon."Thank you for coming out today and thank you for what you do everyday" said Don Tretola, the organization's state chairman, during his opening remarks.Dozens of companies were given recognition certificates during the short, mid-day ceremony."I congratulate all of you on being nominated for this award, as well as those of you who continue to support our Soldiers day in and day out," said Burgos.Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve is a Department of Defense program that develops and promotes supportive work environments for service members in the reserve components through outreach, recognition and educational opportunities that increase awareness of applicable laws, and resolves employment conflicts between the service members and their employers.Service members can nominate their employer by visiting the ESGR website, esgr.mil.
- August 5, 2020Day two of ROTC Summer Camp in Puerto Rico
- August 5, 2020MP’s Deployed to KSA Certify to Enforce the Law
- August 4, 2020Army Reserve officer credits Army training with his success in aerospace career
- August 4, 2020Texas NG, Active and Reserve forces help hospitals
- August 3, 2020ROTC Summer Camp, Operation Agile Leader begins in Puerto Rico!
- August 3, 2020Uniquely experienced officer takes charge of 16th Ord. Bn.
- August 3, 2020Despite COVID-19, Army Reserve space warriors train to fight
- August 3, 2020Jackalope 6 reliquishes HHC command
- August 3, 2020Unit Specialist for Intelligence and Sustainment Company reenlists at Humphreys
- July 30, 2020Soft spoken but a fighter, Walker commands CBT this summer
- July 29, 2020Soldiers stationed in Poland share experiences with local scouts
- July 29, 2020Fort Buchanan Army Reserve Center Ground Breaking Ceremony
- July 29, 2020Annual Training sprinkled with reality
- July 22, 2020DEFENDER-Europe 2020 | Army Prepositioned Stock-2 Enables Dynamic Force Employment in Europe
- July 9, 2020Post-employment: When are you seeking outside employment?