By Adrienne Anderson, Fort Belvoir Eagle staff writerMay 8, 2017
FORT BELVOIR, Virginia -- (May 8, 2017) The Mission and Installation Contracting Command-Fort Belvoir hosted a change-of-command ceremony May 2 at the Defense Acquisition University's Howell Auditorium here.
Lt. Col. Jonathan Patrick relinquished command to Lt. Col. Douglas Ralph Jr.
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Gabbert, MICC commanding general, said families are what hold the Army together. He thanked the families of Patrick and Ralph for their commitment and support, noting that the Belvoir office was one of the most difficult of the 31 offices because of its proximity to the nation's capital.
Gabbert described the number of duties MICC-Fort Belvoir holds, including support for running Arlington National Cemetery, the Pentagon and presidential inaugurations.
MICC-Fort Belvoir's mission is to provide effective, efficient and responsible operational contracting and acquisition management support to assigned Defense Department and Army organizations within a prescribed area of responsibility. They also provide trained and deployable contracting capability in support of the DOD.
Because of those demanding jobs, Gabbert said MICC-Fort Belvoir had to have leaders who were astute and quick thinkers.
"You have to have the right leader, and team, for this command," Patrick said about Ralph.
He thanked the employees of MICC-Fort Belvoir for their support.
"Your passion and commitment to excellence never wavered," Patrick said.
He added, the experience of leading the MICC-Fort Belvoir team has been his most rewarding and challenging assignment so far in his career, but because of the dedicated team, they were able to accomplish many things.
Ralph thanked Gabbert and senior leaders for their mentorship to prepare him to assume command of MICC-Fort Belvoir and told the team he looks forward to working with them.