2CR Career Counselors earn Retention Team of the Quarter Award
By Sgt. Devon BistarkeyApril 14, 2017
ROSE BARRACKS, Germany -- Earning the title of U.S. Army Europe Retention Team of the Quarter Award takes teamwork - maintaining the title for eight consecutive quarters takes dedication.Since the retention award's competition inception the 2d Cavalry Regiment has earned the title of best and was recognized for their continued efforts during an award ceremony on April 13, 2017 at Rose Barracks.When it comes to any competition points matter; but adding to the force is not just a numbers game. Maintaining and retaining troop strength is the sum of efforts from an entire retention team comprised of Soldier-focused Career Counselors."Our job is the binding force between the Department of the Army and the Soldier who wishes stay in," said Master Sgt. Enrique Rose, senior regimental career counselor. "Our focus is to match the Army's needs with the Soldiers needs and put the right person, at the right place, at the right time."Career counselors discuss contract options with Soldiers, calculate bonuses and serve as a resource to Soldiers and the command team regarding career progression and promotion. Together, the 2CR team has fulfilled those duties better than the rest."Being the top Regiment means a lot," said Rose. "We came together as a team and put the mission first -- and it shows."In addition to the team title, Staff Sgt. Chelsea Squillante, career counselor, 4th Squadron 2CR, earned the regimental and USAREUR individual award for top producer.When asked what the best part of the job is, Squillante's dedication to the Soldiers she retains was obvious."I love when Soldiers came back to my office excited about getting what they wanted in their respective contracts and sharing what we do with other Soldiers," said Squillante.
- May 29, 2020Fort Jackson teacher finalist for Educator of Promise Award
- May 29, 2020FMWR moving toward return of normal operations
- May 29, 2020AMC’s human capital forum reviews best practices in supporting workforce
- May 28, 2020USACE employee receives award due to new contracting process deployed during flood efforts.
- May 28, 2020First DoD medical personnel licensed to practice in Kuwait
- May 28, 2020Engineering Acquisition
- May 27, 2020Honolulu District hydraulic engineer named 2019 USACE Climate Champion Award winner
- May 27, 2020Army awards nearly $3M to push research boundaries in off-road autonomy
- May 26, 2020Semper Fi!
- May 26, 2020Saber Squadron One Step Closer to Army's Top Maintenance Award
- May 22, 20201st Medical Brigade leader recognized by Dental Corps
- May 21, 2020Fort Leonard Wood senior leaders surprise Soldier with President’s Volunteer Service Award
- May 13, 2020National Nurses Week: 2CR highlights the regimental nurse
- May 12, 2020Michigan National Guard Base earns top DOD environmental award
- May 8, 202045th U.S. Army Surgeon General Recognizes USACIMT Physician Assistant for Excellence
- May 8, 2020Middle East District Sets New Standards in Value Engineering