Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division Headquarters deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMarch 29, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2017 deployment of approximately 400 soldiers from the 1st Armored Division Headquarters, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, to Iraq in support of Operation Inherent Resolve.
The 1st Armored Division Headquarters will assume the role of Combined Joint Forces Land Component Command-Iraq, replacing the 1st Infantry Division Headquarters. In that role, the division headquarters will be responsible for mission command of coalition troops training, advising and assisting Iraqi Security Forces.
"America's Tank Division is highly trained and ready for this important mission," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "We are proud to work alongside our Iraqi allies and coalition partners to continue the fight against ISIS. I'm also extremely impressed by the commitment and sacrifice of our military families. It is their stalwart support and resilience that gives us the strength to serve."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at email@example.com, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- November 3, 2019Military enthusiasts watches as French tanks roll into German Town
- November 1, 201930th ABCT provides armored vehicles in fight against ISIS
- November 1, 20191st Infantry Division first to field new night vision equipment
- October 28, 2019Exercise Noble Skywave Completes Global Competition
- October 28, 201930th ABCT reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 201930th Armored Brigade Combat Team reunites with equipment in Kuwait
- October 28, 2019Big Red One Soldiers load up after successful deployment
- October 26, 2019U.S. Army Reserve Firefighters Cool Autumn Flames
- October 25, 2019ASA(ALT) at Work: PEO Soldier
- October 24, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live-fire exercise
- October 24, 2019Iron Supporter receives El Paso County Commissioner's Award
- October 23, 20192-1 CD Convoy Marks the Fifth Iteration
- October 21, 2019Regulars Battalion masters the fundamentals during squad live fire exercises
- October 21, 2019At-the-halt network prototypes increase mobility, computing power
- October 21, 20196-9 Cav. Maintenance team supports gunnery tables
- October 21, 2019215 BSB builds teamwork with a spur ride