Department of the Army announces 1st Armored Division Headquarters deployment
By U.S. Army Public AffairsMarch 29, 2017
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the summer 2017 deployment of approximately 400 soldiers from the 1st Armored Division Headquarters, stationed in Fort Bliss, Texas, to Iraq in support of Operation Inherent Resolve.
The 1st Armored Division Headquarters will assume the role of Combined Joint Forces Land Component Command-Iraq, replacing the 1st Infantry Division Headquarters. In that role, the division headquarters will be responsible for mission command of coalition troops training, advising and assisting Iraqi Security Forces.
"America's Tank Division is highly trained and ready for this important mission," said Maj. Gen. Pat White, commanding general of 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss. "We are proud to work alongside our Iraqi allies and coalition partners to continue the fight against ISIS. I'm also extremely impressed by the commitment and sacrifice of our military families. It is their stalwart support and resilience that gives us the strength to serve."
For more information contact the 1st Armored Division and Fort Bliss public affairs officer, Lt. Col. Craig S. Childs at email@example.com, or by phone at 915-744-8406.
- August 11, 2017Team completes first phase III archaeology dig at Fort McCoy
- August 10, 2017Vice Chief of Staff, U.S. Army receive ARCYBER Update
- August 10, 20171st Space Brigade Commander discusses multi-domain
- August 8, 2017Look out below! Cavalry troopers train on emergency resupply
- August 7, 2017Increasing patient satisfaction and health communication through RelayHealth
- August 2, 2017Meet a 101st Airborne brigade's first 'Top Gun'
- August 1, 20171-68 AR platoons orchestrate symphony of Chaos at LFX
- July 29, 201729th CAB Soldiers expand partnership with Iraqi security forces
- July 28, 2017Two 1st TSC officers represent command at race
- July 28, 2017Army gold medalist mourns the loss of his shooting coach
- July 28, 2017Combat first aid in Ukraine
- July 27, 2017First Army Reserve officers graduate Cyber Operations Officer Course
- July 26, 2017First Army Ministry Teams train MS, UT Army National Guard partners
- July 26, 2017First Army Air Defenders Participate in 28th Annual Bataan Memorial Death March
- July 26, 2017First Army hosts Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Observance
- July 26, 2017First Army preps 35th Infantry Division for imminent deployment