U.S. Army Land Expansion Waiver Approved for Fort Carson Maneuver Site
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)February 14, 2007
The U.S. Army announced today that it will seek to acquire up to 418,000 acres of land at Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site, Ft. Carson, Colorado. On Feb.
8, 2007, the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition, Technology &
Logistics) granted a waiver to the Major Land Acquisition Moratorium allowing the U.S. Army to purchase additional acres to satisfy an identified military-training land shortfall at Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site. As this process begins, the Army will actively seek public comment and participation to ensure all interests are heard.
This authorizes the U.S. Army to begin an Environmental Impact Statement and related study information to support expansion of Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site. After the alternatives are developed, the next step will be the preparation of the Environmental Impact Statement.
For information please call the Army Public Affairs Office, Mr. Dave Foster, (703) 697-5344."
- July 19, 2018MEDEVAC 101: Army Reserve Soldiers train on the fly
- July 17, 2018Fort Benning "greening" course inspires innovative solution
- July 16, 2018TRADOC CG visits Fort Leonard Wood
- July 14, 2018The Kwajalein Hourglass - Community Newspaper
- July 13, 2018Army announces Austin as the home of new Army Futures Command
- July 13, 2018New IMCOM leadership team takes charge of base operations at sites in Romania, Bulgaria
- July 11, 2018APS-2 Zutendaal talks support equipment with Belgium Land System Section
- July 11, 2018Army fields first unit with TRILOS radio and other new expeditionary network capabilities
- July 10, 20184CAB conducts brigade-level exercise
- July 9, 20182-158th conducts personnel recovery training
- July 2, 2018Team Tobyhanna transforms how the Army communicates
- June 26, 2018Independence celebration brightens night at Fort Benning
- June 25, 2018PRIDE IN THE ARMY: 21st Signal commander talks career, life during LGBT Pride Month event
- June 25, 2018Contracting key in success of All American Week
- June 21, 2018Army's EHCCs converge on FLW
- June 19, 2018Cyberspace-Electromagnetic Activities program builds maneuver unit readiness