U.S. Army Land Expansion Waiver Approved for Fort Carson Maneuver Site
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)February 14, 2007
The U.S. Army announced today that it will seek to acquire up to 418,000 acres of land at Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site, Ft. Carson, Colorado. On Feb.
8, 2007, the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition, Technology &
Logistics) granted a waiver to the Major Land Acquisition Moratorium allowing the U.S. Army to purchase additional acres to satisfy an identified military-training land shortfall at Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site. As this process begins, the Army will actively seek public comment and participation to ensure all interests are heard.
This authorizes the U.S. Army to begin an Environmental Impact Statement and related study information to support expansion of Pinon Canyon Maneuver Site. After the alternatives are developed, the next step will be the preparation of the Environmental Impact Statement.
For information please call the Army Public Affairs Office, Mr. Dave Foster, (703) 697-5344."
- September 22, 2018In Afghan-led missions, SFAB Soldiers accompany partners, assist when needed
- September 21, 2018Fort McCoy has training site dedicated to educating troops about cultural, archaeological areas
- September 21, 2018Airport Runway extended
- September 20, 2018Idaho Army National Guard travels to Germany, trains 40 active Army in vehicle recovery
- September 19, 2018Martin talks priorities, command philosophy
- September 17, 2018Picatinny provides advanced system for accurate, efficient fires for field artillery
- September 13, 2018Maneuver Warfighter Conference ends by promoting Army Soldier proficiency, readiness, lethality
- September 12, 2018Maneuver Warfighter Conference continues on second day with focus on readiness
- September 12, 2018LA District commander tours San Diego, Riverside project sites
- September 12, 2018Closing the veteran gap in the Grand Canyon state
- September 11, 2018Maneuver Warfighter Conference opens with intent to 'sharpen craft'
- September 10, 2018Multi-domain ops to exploit enemy vulnerabilities, say leaders
- September 9, 2018ASG-A Site Manager Honored for Service to Resolute Support, Calls Tour the Best of His Life
- September 7, 2018Former U.S. Army site now thrives as conservation habitat
- September 6, 2018USAES says farewell to RCSM Walker
- August 31, 2018Maneuver Center of Excellence releases robotics requirements to industry