International Women's Day
By Sgt. 1st Class Nathan W. HutchisonMarch 8, 2017
Spc. Tiara Guerrero, an aircraft powerplant repairer with B Company, Eagle 277th Aviation Support Battalion, joined the Army two years ago in a predominately male career. But in a results-based career like the Army, size or gender don't matter- results do. Guerrero said being a woman and being small compels her to try even harder.
"Women constantly have to prove themselves in their [military occupational speciality] and elsewhere," said Guerrero. "I've worked hard to be proficient with rifles. I want to set the standard."
She is anticipating a promotion board soon here in Illesheim Germany, and she is confident she will succeed.
"I enjoy the Army. It's something I'm really good at."
- April 15, 2019PB mayor speaks at Women's History Month luncheon
- April 15, 2019Sexual Harassment in the U.S. Army--Then and Now (One woman's perspective)
- April 10, 2019Aviation, Missile Center hosts Women's History Month observance
- April 9, 2019Women's History Month interview with Lt. Col. Laura Shiplet
- April 8, 2019Benelux community leaders speak about overcoming adversity during Women's History Month
- April 8, 2019Germany's 1st Armored Division Spearheads Allied Spirit X
- April 5, 2019Shelter founder encourages visits: Fort Jackson celebrates women's history
- April 4, 2019Preventing sexual assault begins with you
- March 28, 2019Fort Drum community observes National Women's History Month
- March 28, 2019Women's History Month event highlights leadership qualities
- March 27, 2019Women's History Month: Regulars Soldier highlights familial inspiration for service
- March 26, 2019Corps features world-leading researchers during Women's History Month
- March 26, 2019Women's History Month Sapper Steel Style
- March 26, 2019Keep Germany beautiful - dispose of trash properly
- March 21, 2019USAMMDA Hosts Women's History Month Celebration