International Women's Day
By Sgt. 1st Class Nathan W. HutchisonMarch 8, 2017
Spc. Tiara Guerrero, an aircraft powerplant repairer with B Company, Eagle 277th Aviation Support Battalion, joined the Army two years ago in a predominately male career. But in a results-based career like the Army, size or gender don't matter- results do. Guerrero said being a woman and being small compels her to try even harder.
"Women constantly have to prove themselves in their [military occupational speciality] and elsewhere," said Guerrero. "I've worked hard to be proficient with rifles. I want to set the standard."
She is anticipating a promotion board soon here in Illesheim Germany, and she is confident she will succeed.
"I enjoy the Army. It's something I'm really good at."
- October 22, 2018The obituary I can't forget
- October 22, 2018USAG RP launches new website for community
- October 19, 2018The obituary I'll never forget
- October 16, 2018IRAHC Breast Cancer Awareness Month Event
- October 10, 2018RAD honors retirees Oct. 18
- October 9, 2018Command awards a women-owned small business set-aside for information management system
- October 1, 2018Dental Health Command Europe gets new senior enlisted leader
- September 28, 2018Army researcher named Woman Engineer of the Year
- September 27, 2018Airman discovers breast cancer through self-exam
- September 26, 2018Dining facilities in Germany, Italy to accept credit/debit card payment
- September 25, 2018SECARMY Visits Germany
- September 20, 2018Idaho National Guard members travels to Germany to train vehicle recovery operations
- September 13, 2018Community honors women's equality with observance
- August 30, 2018Women's efforts recognized, celebrated during Women's Equality Day