Newsletter from the Army's oldest, continuously operating arsenal
By John B. Snyder, Watervliet ArsenalFebruary 28, 2017
WATERVLIET ARSENAL, N.Y. -- A gathering of key stories and photos that capture some of the action at the Army's manufacturing center at Watervliet, New York for the month of February 2017. Lead story is about how sales to foreign militaries are helping to retain critical skills at the arsenal.
Link to newsletter: https://www.slideshare.net/Watervliet_Arsenal/us-army-february-2017-newsletter-from-the-watervliet-arsenal
The Watervliet Arsenal is an Army-owned-and-operated manufacturing facility and is the oldest, continuously active arsenal in the United States having begun operations during the War of 1812. It celebrated its 200th anniversary on July 14, 2013. It is a subordinate command to TACOM LCMC and the Army Materiel Command.
Today's Arsenal is relied upon by U.S. and allied armies to produce the most advanced, high-tech, high-powered weaponry for cannon, howitzer, and mortar systems. This National Historic Registered Landmark had revenue in fiscal year 2016 that exceeded $126 million and provides an annual economic benefit to the local community in excess of $90 million.
- June 20, 2018JBM-HH E-Newsletter
- June 19, 2018Knowledge newsletter June 18 - 22
- June 19, 2018TVA, congressional tour showcases Redstone
- June 19, 2018PBA's Material Management meets critical JECP fielding schedule
- June 19, 2018Training begins on new textile product
- June 15, 2018JBLM Soldiers Gather for Run and Fun in celebration of the 243rd Army Birthday
- June 15, 2018Picatinny welcomes new garrison commander, Lt. Col. Samuel W. Morgan III
- June 15, 2018Perna recognizes TACOM employee for supply availability contributions
- June 14, 2018SMDC, MDA celebrate safety
- June 11, 2018PEO Ammunition, ARDEC and the Army Rapid Capabilities Office come together at Picatinny Arsenal
- June 8, 2018Strand promoted, continues leading reserve component engineer Soldiers
- June 6, 2018'Tropic Lightning' Soldiers continue train up for EIB
- June 5, 2018Rock Island Arsenal unveils new housing
- June 1, 2018Fifty years ago in TACOM news -- June 1968: "Instructor Turns Actor -- Hollywood Comes to ATAC"
- May 30, 2018Washington's State Partnership Program continues to grow
- May 18, 2018'Fit Food Challenge' completed; healthier lifestyle changes continue