Norway's first female tank commander
By Courtesy of NATOFebruary 12, 2017
Lieutenant Silje Johansen Willassen is Norway's Telemark Battalion's first female tank commander.
Norway will be sending a tank company to Lithuania in May to support NATO's enhanced forward presence. The company, of around 200 troops, will be sent from Norway's Telemark Battalion. They will provide combat support to the German-led multinational battalion. The deployment will be for six months.
Commanding one of the platoons is Lieutenant Willassen. She discusses the deployment and how she's looking forward to working with NATO Allies.
At the NATO Warsaw Summit last year, plans were announced to increase troop numbers in the eastern part of the Alliance with the deployment of four battalions to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland on a rotational basis.
- December 12, 20191st Theater Sustainment Command Soldiers Return from Deployment
- December 9, 2019SDDC CSM honored for exceptional career
- December 6, 2019Detroit Arsenal Observes Third Annual Holiday Tank Lighting
- December 5, 2019Carr takes over as SDDC senior enlisted leader
- December 4, 2019Sacramento FUDS team begins Ft. Miley soil sampling
- December 3, 2019USAMMDA Team Spotlight: Warfighter Deployed Medical Systems Project Management Office
- December 2, 2019Detroit Arsenal chief legal counsel promoted to Senior Executive Service
- December 2, 2019Younger sister outranks older sister on deployment
- November 25, 2019Organic Industrial Base, supply chain management help drive Army readiness
- November 25, 2019Soldier Innovation Workshop considers Abrams replacement
- November 25, 2019Opposing-Forces Surrogate Vehicles help build Army battlefield readiness