Army acting secretary sends initial letter to the force
By Hon. Robert M. SpeerFebruary 28, 2017
Dear Soldiers, Civilians, and Families of the U.S. Army,I am honored to continue serving in the Army as the Acting Secretary. I am proud of our Army, having served in many capacities over the past thirty-five years, both in and out of uniform, on active duty and as a civilian, to include deployments and in support of our great Nation. Most recently, I served for the past seven years as the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary and then Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller. It is my great honor to continue serving the Army!Thank you for your professionalism during the past several months culminating in the Presidential Inauguration, as the world again witnessed our peaceful transition of power. Today, we must ensure continuity within the Department of the Army and remain ready to defend our Nation as we transition new civilian leaders.During this time, my priorities remain:• Readiness for countering global threats to the United States and our allies.
• Providing every Soldier, civilian, and family member the care and respect they deserve.
• Resourcing our Army to maintain readiness and ensure future capabilities to win our nation's wars.Thank you for your dedicated service to our Army and our Nation.
- August 3, 2020Army Materiel Command Hatch Act training
- August 3, 2020HONORING SERVICE -- 5 Soldiers, 1 civilian retire at Fort Rucker quarterly ceremony
- July 31, 2020DCPDS outage planned for cloud migration
- July 30, 2020Fort Sill chaplain finds his calling serving Soldiers
- July 30, 2020Patient safety remains a top priority at European Army medical facilities
- July 30, 2020Army announces panel for Fort Hood independent review
- July 29, 2020Army scientists develop realistic canine bite sleeve to improve training
- July 29, 2020To lead and direct: 1st Armored Division change of command
- July 28, 2020NETCOM Recognizes Top Talent
- July 26, 2020A Message from the Army Senior Leaders - to All Soldiers, Civilians, Family Members and Soldiers for Life
- July 24, 2020People, mission take priority at USAACE civilian employee town hall
- July 24, 2020Nebraska Guard transitions COVID-19 testing to civilian health care workers
- July 20, 2020Secretary of the Army appoints two new civilian aides