Army acting secretary sends initial letter to the force
By Hon. Robert M. SpeerFebruary 28, 2017
Dear Soldiers, Civilians, and Families of the U.S. Army,I am honored to continue serving in the Army as the Acting Secretary. I am proud of our Army, having served in many capacities over the past thirty-five years, both in and out of uniform, on active duty and as a civilian, to include deployments and in support of our great Nation. Most recently, I served for the past seven years as the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary and then Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller. It is my great honor to continue serving the Army!Thank you for your professionalism during the past several months culminating in the Presidential Inauguration, as the world again witnessed our peaceful transition of power. Today, we must ensure continuity within the Department of the Army and remain ready to defend our Nation as we transition new civilian leaders.During this time, my priorities remain:• Readiness for countering global threats to the United States and our allies.
• Providing every Soldier, civilian, and family member the care and respect they deserve.
• Resourcing our Army to maintain readiness and ensure future capabilities to win our nation's wars.Thank you for your dedicated service to our Army and our Nation.
- December 11, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | U.S. Army Strategic Narrative
- December 9, 2020Army Leaders and Committee Members Brief Reporters on Findings and Recommendations of the Fort Hood Independent Review Committee
- December 8, 2020Secretary McCarthy holds Fort Hood Leaders Accountable, Announces New Investigations
- December 8, 2020Secretary of the Army announces missing Soldier policy, forms People First Task Force to implement Fort Hood Independent Review Committee (FHIRC) recommendations
- November 25, 2020Arlington National Cemetery announces Wreaths Across America event update
- November 5, 2020Secretary of the Army appoints four new civilian aides
- October 30, 2020Secretary of the Army appoints a Falls Church, Virginia, resident as a new civilian aide
- October 15, 2020Army housing improves with continued investments
- October 13, 2020National Museum of the United States Army to open Veterans Day 2020
- September 3, 2020Readout of Army Senior Leaders Meeting with Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- August 21, 2020Army announces its service component command for U.S. Space Command
- August 20, 2020Secretary of the Army appoints six new civilian aides
- July 30, 2020Army announces panel for Fort Hood independent review
- July 20, 2020Secretary of the Army appoints two new civilian aides
- July 10, 2020Secretary of the Army announces independent review of Fort Hood
- June 25, 2020Army unveils new initiative to promote diversity, inclusion across the force