What does SFL TAP do?
By U.S. ArmyJanuary 24, 2017
The Soldier For Life - Transition Assistance Program provides transitioning services to Soldiers who have completed at least 180 days of continuous active duty service. SFL-TAP consists of comprehensive three-day workshops at selected IMCOM installations worldwide. Professionally-trained facilitators from state employment service offices, military family support services, the Department of Labor and Department of Veterans Affairs present the workshops.Soldiers learn about job searches, career decision-making, current occupational and labor market conditions, resume and cover letter preparation, and interviewing techniques.Participants are also provided with an evaluation of their employability relative to the job market and receive information on the most current Veterans' benefits.SFL-TAP remains a Commander's program that encourages the idea of going early and often to receive transition services in order to be more prepared for transition. Soldiers are encouraged to start the program 18 months prior to their transition date or 24 months prior for retirees. The earlier a Soldier starts the program, the better prepared they are for transition from active duty to the civilian sector.
- November 19, 2020Officials optimistic about COVID-19 vaccines in near future
- November 18, 2020Medic, former Soldier-athlete, saves a life at Walmart
- November 17, 2020Michigan National Guard fills vital need for food delivery
- November 17, 2020AI research helps Soldiers navigate complex situations
- November 19, 2020First Army helps welcome home 92-year-old Korean War veteran
- November 17, 2020The Army Reserve’s return to collective training in a COVID world
- November 17, 2020Next gen goggles draw attention of Army leaders, congress
- November 17, 2020Program goes virtual to help women veterans tackle healthcare
- November 17, 2020Tennessee football coach served in both world wars
- November 16, 2020BAMC receives national recognition for surgical quality
- November 16, 2020Army efforts save lives following historic hurricane
- November 16, 2020Army set to release new solicitation for OMFV next month
- November 11, 2020Soldier’s courage, composure save crew on dangerous WWII mission