Army Europe community reminded to remain vigilant amidst bustling holiday season
By U.S. Army Europe Antiterrorism DivisionDecember 20, 2016
WIESBADEN, Germany -- The recent truck attack in Berlin, coupled with other attacks or attempts in Europe, highlights the continuing threat of terrorism to all of us.Holiday markets and celebrations, transportation hubs, and other events with large crowds may increase the potential for attack.Everyone should maintain a high level of situational awareness and apply appropriate measures to reduce the risk of a terror attack, such as shopping during non-peak hours, avoiding areas near vehicle access points, and minimizing time spent in unsecure areas of airports and other mass-transit nodes.Immediately report suspicious activity, and ensure two-way communication with your unit and family for accountability.Enjoy the holidays and your time in Europe, but exercise caution and stay vigilant. Visit www.eur.army.mil/TravelSafe for updated information and additional resources.As a reminder, EUCOM requires DoD personnel to register their home location and travel destinations in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at https://step.state.gov.It is also recommended to follow the U.S. Army Europe Antiterrorism Division on Facebook and Twitter at https://www.facebook.com/StaySafeAntiterrorism and https://twitter.com/staysafeeurope to help #StaySafeEurope.
- August 11, 2020Dental Health Command Europe conducts change of responsibility ceremony
- August 11, 2020Remaining vigilant against terrorism
- August 10, 2020Exercise Forward and Ready 20 a success for Reserve command in Europe
- August 7, 2020Traveling This Summer?
- August 6, 2020Military band creates memories with Stuttgart seniors
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- July 31, 2020US Army Europe European Best Warriors announced
- July 30, 2020Vigilance against terrorism vital in person, online
- July 30, 2020Motorcycle courses help Soldiers hone skills
- July 28, 2020August is Antiterrorism Awareness Month
- July 27, 2020ISEC supports new construction for U.S. Army Europe in Poland
- July 24, 2020U.S. Army Europe to put ‘Best Warriors’ to test
- July 24, 2020Sgt. Maj. of the Army Michael Grinston virtually visits the Senior Enlisted Symposium
- July 22, 2020DEFENDER-Europe 2020 | Army Prepositioned Stock-2 Enables Dynamic Force Employment in Europe
- July 22, 2020Bridging Strategic Operational Support Areas | 21st Theater Sustainment Command Keeps Logistics on Track in Europe