By Mike Bassett, ASC Public AffairsDecember 13, 2016
ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL, Ill. -- The most recent Illowa Bi-State Combined Federal Campaign status report shows donations at 58 percent, or $230,988 of the $400,000 annual goal.
The CFC open season, originally scheduled to conclude on Dec. 13, has been extended to Dec. 31 according to campaign officials.
CFC is comprised of more than 24,000 charities and spans 151 regions benefitting local, domestic and international recipients. Money raised in the Illowa CFC -- Illinois + Iowa -- covers 37 counties in the region, and more than a third of the donations remain in the local and regional area.
Donating just $1 per week can provide:
- 50 hours of activities for seniors at seniors centers
- 68 meals to low-income individuals
- 36 hot meals delivered to homebound elderly
- Trained volunteer tutors to help with reading and math for 12 elementary school students
- Bilingual beginning-to-read books to build early literacy skills for 10 children
- Three 30-minute appointments for health assessment and counseling to individuals facing physical, developmental or mental health challenges
Donations are tax deductible and help families all year.
Federal employees, including military personnel, can ePledge to CFC through Dec. 31 via the MyPay system, which has a drop-down CFC menu added to the pay change menu. Those without access to MyPay can donate using hardcopy payroll deduction through Dec. 23. Contact your CFC keyperson for a hardcopy form.
CFC donations can be set up for incremental withdrawals throughout the 26 biweekly pay period of 2017.
CFC-related questions can be answered by dialing 309-782-8352 or 8348.